Re: Build Mode Lagging

by lolatort

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

It restarted when i downloaded it but I don’t see any available updates even when i refresh it

Message 51 of 80 (817 Views)

@DragonRiderElisa

If you go to About This Mac now what operating system does it say you’re running?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 52 of 80 (813 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Mac OS high sierra. I don’t know if anything is going to work the lag it still there. I might just make the hard choice to reinstall it, I’m losing hope

Message 53 of 80 (809 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @DragonRiderElisa

We're aware of a few issues with lag in Build Mode that we're looking into.  That said, could you share a video of the kind of lag that you're experiencing (without mods or cc)?

This is how you can send us video files, if needed:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 54 of 80 (782 Views)

★★ Apprentice

How do i record my game to send it?

Message 55 of 80 (763 Views)

Re: My build mode is not working?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Finally someone with the same MBP as me! Unfortunately I can't help, but I just wanted to add that imo The Sims 4 is incompatible with our GPU (although it says it is). On my older MBP (2012!) with NVDIA card my defaults are Ultra – on this one, the defaults are Medium, which is a bit ridiculous. Plus I'm not sure if it's CPU that's throttling GPU, or the other way around, but especially since the last patch my kernel_task is in total overdrive (over 500%) when TS4 is running. The lag is so awful (and loading screens take forever), I can't play at all (even new saves) – for that reason I haven't even bought Seasons yet.

Anyway, sorry for butting in, but I have a favor to ask, @DragonRiderElisa. Could you please check what your recommended maximum sims number is? It used to be 200 for me, but post-patch it's only 80!

Message 56 of 80 (750 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@DragonRiderElisa

Click the Camera Button then Video.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 57 of 80 (746 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

It's not letting me Upload the video here @SimQARobo

Message 58 of 80 (730 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Afaik you have to upload it to a file hosting service (like dropbox etc.) or YT and link here.

Message 59 of 80 (715 Views)

Re: My build mode is not working?

@lolatort  If you're having issues with your game, it's probably best to start your own thread.  Sometimes it's hard to have two ongoing conversations in one thread, especially when the issues don't necessarily overlap.  Plus, we don't know everything you've done so far to try to fix the problem, or your specs, for that matter, so it's not clear how you should proceed from here.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 60 of 80 (690 Views)