Re: My Sims 4 game won't show up when I start it.

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sims 4 game won't show up when I start it.

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, I purchased The Sims 4 a long time ago and recently redownloaded it.

When I first started up the game, it played the opening credits full screen but as the menu started to load it would only show up in a quarter of my screen and I could only see a small section of the menu. I tried to adjust things in the menu, but I was only guessing what I was clicking since I couldn't see most of the options. I eventually must have made a change to the display which told me I needed to restart my computer and then told me that my display changes could not be changed.

I restarted my computer and when I loaded up the game, it wouldn't show me anything. It will tell me that it is running in the bottom task bar and when I click on it I can hear the music from the menu screen. I tried to repair the game but that didn't change anything. So I uninstalled and redownloaded the game and the exact same thing happened. It didn't even show me a quarter of the menu like it did last time.

This really has me wondering since I have played this game previously on this computer and it worked perfectly fine.

I've attached some screenshots:

1) The game in origin.

2) The game after I start it. (I can hear the menu music playing.)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Message 1 of 5 (2,526 Views)

Accepted Solution

@adam_gualtieri

Try the following:

Repairing the game by right clicking on it in your Origin games library and selecting Repair Game.

Go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and drag the Options.ini file to the trash then restart your game

Toggle between full screen and windowed mode buy holding down CTRL, CMD and pressing F.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (2,852 Views)

All Replies

@adam_gualtieri

Try the following:

Repairing the game by right clicking on it in your Origin games library and selecting Repair Game.

Go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and drag the Options.ini file to the trash then restart your game

Toggle between full screen and windowed mode buy holding down CTRL, CMD and pressing F.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 5 (2,853 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I honestly can't thank you enough!

I moved the options.ini file to the trash and reloaded the game and everything worked perfectly.

Thanks so much!

Message 3 of 5 (2,481 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem i tried the solution but it didn't work for me ): HELPP

Message 4 of 5 (1,264 Views)

@buttonsisawesome 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 5 (1,252 Views)