My Sims 4 game won't open

by Lord-of-Trash101

Original Post

Re: My Sims 4 game won't open

★ Novice
My sims still won't open I deleted all my cc and all what happened was it goes on the game then to the sims 4 load screen then turns white and it won't close
Message 31 of 216 (7,333 Views)

★★ Novice

my game loads now but I have 0 cc, and how do I access the sims folder that you said to drag out??

Message 32 of 216 (7,300 Views)

★★ Novice

anyways, I got my folder because the one that was in electronic arts had nothing in it so I think that's part of my problem

Spoiler
Teeth bared
Spoiler

but now I cant open my game again

Message 33 of 216 (7,304 Views)

★★★ Novice

This worked for me! Thank you! ^^

Message 34 of 216 (7,262 Views)

★★★ Novice

How do I load the files? I would really like to get everything back.

Message 35 of 216 (7,258 Views)

@ZayaMoone

Replace the newly created files in the Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder with the ones you moved out. Be careful though, if your game didn't work with the original files then the problem lies in the files/folders so move them in individually, checking to see if your game works after each batch.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 36 of 216 (7,230 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game was doing the same and I was reading all of the comments on here. You need to drag the electronic arts folder out onto your desktop... that seemed to make my game open just fine. 

Message 37 of 216 (7,217 Views)

★★★★ Novice
My game still isn't opening. I have all game packs, stuff packs, and expansion packs. I checked my specs and I supercede the required. I have no cc I've deleted it from my computer entirely. Just to be 100% sure that wasn't my issue. I'm going to just delete my family's files I moved to my desktop. I'm okay with losing them if it means my game will work. I don't know what else to do. I called EA and they sent me troubleshooting options like repairing my disk and manually uninstalling the origin client (which I believe to be the main issue). I have a macbook which I dont update to newer OS anymore. Right now I'm updating it too against my better judgement. If there is any suggestions please tell me. I haven't been able to play since the November update. 😢 Loyal Simmer since 2001
Message 38 of 216 (7,189 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora can you help me?
Message 39 of 216 (7,180 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora another strange thing I've found is that my the sims 4 folder within the electronic arts folder within my documents doesn't have the folders it is supposed/usually to have. perhaps this is because my game hasnt' launch since I reinstalled it? I'm unsure, but the only files inside are Userdata.lock and a save folder. I'm so frustrated with this. I'm just hoping I can get some kind of help. I've done everything you can think of.
Message 40 of 216 (7,180 Views)