My Sims 4 game won't open

by Lord-of-Trash101

Original Post

Re: My Sims 4 game won't open

★★ Novice

Finally the advice I needed! I tried all the other steps mentioned above, but nothing worked. I disabled Origin in game, and now my game is running again. Everyone else not having success with the other ideas should give this a try. Thanks, maronajade!

Message 161 of 216 (1,901 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora I did the same thing and thought I lost my progress but I put it back and it worked! I got my stuff back!!! Thank you so sooo much🙏 Truly my hero 🤓👾😭
Message 162 of 216 (1,673 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What did you do to make it work?

Message 163 of 216 (1,451 Views)

★ Novice

Mine did not work

Message 164 of 216 (1,439 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Getting A Fresh Start

1. Assuming you've made a backup in Desktop, go to your Tray and Saves folders. This is where your games and CAS should be.

*In case you haven't, to make a backup: copy and paste your The Sims 4 folder from Documents to Desktop*

2. Now that you know they're there, go into Documents and open the Electronic Arts folder, click on The Sims 4 and delete it.

3. Now start up your The Sims 4 game and then close it.

4. Go into Documents and there should be a new The Sims 4 folder in your Electronic Arts folder.

Resurrecting Your Old Stuff 

*Make sure you try to run the game after you add anything to the new folder*

1. To get your stuff back into the game it must go into Documents, to do this simply copy and paste everything in the backup Tray and Saves          folders into their respective folders in the new The Sims 4 folder in Documents.

2. Open The Sims 4 game, everything should be there. *If it doesn't open see bottom*

3. Have you got mods too? Check the backup Mods folder in Desktop to make sure it's all there.

4. Start slowly moving (not copying and pasting) your stuff from the backup Mods folder into the new Mods folder in Documents alphabetically        in batches (for ease). 

If Your Game Stops Opening

Uh oh, you've hit something broken!

*Make sure you try to open the game after you add anything to the new folder*

1. Take out the batch you just added to the new folder in Documents by placing in back into the backup folder (or deleting it if you already have      it in the backup folder)

2. Now slowly put the batch back into the new folder but one by one.

3. Whenever it stops opening it means you've added something broken, so delete the thing you last moved to the new folder.

4. Continue this process as there might be more that is broken.

I really hope this helped! Happy Simming!

Message 165 of 216 (1,315 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I sorta had this issue, I got Sims 4 a different way, not origin so it just can't find the startup file.

Message 166 of 216 (1,248 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora It worked ty soo much!!
Message 167 of 216 (1,119 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Mine does not have the repair option. It's not in bold it's grey.
Message 168 of 216 (1,079 Views)

@LoveBird1979

Run the Origin reset tool then try again - https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 169 of 216 (1,075 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Heya. Another person, another problem.

I've gotten rid of the document\Electronic Arts folder entirely, so I know it isn't a mod causing the issue. I have a completely clean install...yet when I press play in Origin, the button fades out (like origin is thinking about it) then it comes back and just ignores the fact I pressed play. No CTD, nothing. It also says I am playing Sims 4 on my profile status, so Origin is clearly doing something. 

There is no Sims 4 in my processes to cancel, I've tried adding an exception to the firewall, I've deleted the cache, I've updated drivers and every else like that. I'm stumped.

Message 170 of 216 (731 Views)