by MooeyB14

Original Post

Re: My Sims 4 game won't open

★★ Novice

I took out my mods but it still wasn't working

Message 141 of 216 (1,374 Views)

★★ Novice
@Lord-of-Trash101 This happens to me. Have repaired the game. Cleared the cache. Still no joy
Message 142 of 216 (1,271 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Mai didnt help I have been trying everything I am really frustrated rn I dont know what else to do why does origin do this to people the sims 4 is important to a lot of people people pay money for this
Message 143 of 216 (1,233 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora (or anyone who can help me because I'm freaking out)

The exact same thing happened to me today. I went cc shopping and got like 20 new pieces of furniture, I put it into the mods folder and went to launch sims 4 but whenever I clicked on it it would take me to the origin menu, then I clicked on sims 4 from there and it processed for like 5 seconds then took me straight back to the origin menu. I tried updating and repairing (as you suggested) and nothing worked. I even took out all the cc that I had just placed in my mods folder to see if that would work, because the game was working perfectly fine before I had put those mods in. It still didn't work. I'm literally terrified that I might lose everything and all my saves and not be able to get it to work ever again. I don't really understand what I'm supposed to do for re-launching because it seemed to work for some other people but I don't know how to do that and I would literally cry forever if I lost my saves and families. Is there anything to do or a step by step to help me re-launch? If you see this, thank you so much for your time.

Message 144 of 216 (1,189 Views)

@MooeyB14

Move the whole Mods folder to the desktop, trash the localthumbcache.package file and see how if the game will load.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 145 of 216 (1,159 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

Omg it worked! I haven't started playing again yet but do i move my mods back?

Thank you so much, you're literally a lifesaver!!!

Message 146 of 216 (1,131 Views)

@MooeyB14 

No, not all in one go. A mod or CC was casing the issue so now you need to find what it was. Move your CC back in in batches, loading the game after each batch to see if it still works. When it stops working you know there is dodgy CC in that last batch. Move out that batch and test each piece one by one until your game stops working again. It's laborious but the only way to check all your CC.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 147 of 216 (1,089 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora okay, thank u so much for your help.

Although, my photo frames around the house are gone and it tells me everything in the game is custom content, even when it's not and my sims emotions and feelings are completely blank. I'm pretty sure some of my cc is missing, worlds that I don't have are unlocked and it's super weird but I don't think I can fix that :/ . There are a few other minor issues but apart from that, everything is working, thanks.

Message 148 of 216 (1,008 Views)

★★★ Newbie

help!  i know this is an old post.  but i have had this issue before and had to recreate my entire game.  and now that i have my game to where i want it to be, of course it has to happen again.  so i moved the sims 4 to desktop, and now i have a new game.  how do i transfer all my old stuff into that folder?

Message 149 of 216 (910 Views)

@Kate51507 

A new Sims 4 folder will have been created in Documents > Electronic Arts. You move the files from the Sims 4 folder on the desktop to that new Sims 4 folder. But not all at the same time. Move the saves and check it's working then move onto the Tray files and Mod files.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 150 of 216 (875 Views)