Re: My Sims 4 game won't open

by rhiannnonn

Original Post

@maronajade 

So you're launching the game but then it is quitting again? Could you please disable Origin in-game then try again?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 101 of 216 (1,442 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It was a buggy mod. Thank you for your help. I’m glad you got back to me so quickly. Keep doing what you do, and have a nice rest of your day/night.

Message 102 of 216 (1,441 Views)

@maronajade

Great that you figured it out and thanks for coming back to explain Standard smile Have a super day/night too!

AHQSigImage.png
Message 103 of 216 (1,437 Views)

★★ Novice

hi! so this just happened to me.. I deleted all of the CC I downloaded today and took out my mods folder. I even dragged out my Sims 4 folder and tried repairing the game in origin  but nothings working. 

Message 104 of 216 (1,401 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, so I just downloaded the new Strangerville pack a couple of days ago and I only played it once and the game opened just fine, but I've been trying to open the sims again yesterday and today and nothing has worked. I've gone through this thread and feel as though I've tried everything. I've restarted my laptop (Macbook), made sure my laptop was updated, made sure the sims was updated, repaired the game, disabled origin in game through the game properties, moved the sims and the electronic arts folder onto my desktop, deleted the origin application from my laptop and then reinstalled. Still the game will not open. When I try to open the game, the sims icon shows on my task bar and just bounces up and down for awhile and then just sits there and when I click on it nothing happens. If I could get any help I'd really appreciate it. I'm not sure what else I could do to make the game work. I have NO CC or mods and never have.

Message 105 of 216 (1,388 Views)

@rhiannnonn @ewillowl 

Could you both please boot into safe mode and then try launching the game? https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201262

AHQSigImage.png
Message 106 of 216 (1,385 Views)

★★ Novice

But that deleted all of my custom content, and my households. Is there a different solution?

Moving it back won't work

Message 107 of 216 (1,307 Views)

★★ Novice

Wait, I have my households back, but no custom content

Message 108 of 216 (1,304 Views)

★ Novice
I repaired and updated my game about 11 or 12 times. It finally worked the last time I repaired it. <3
Message 109 of 216 (1,160 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you I dragged my sims 4 to my desktop and now it seems like it’s working

Message 110 of 216 (1,120 Views)