Re: My Sims 4 game won't open

by simsbee4guys

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sims 4 game won't open

★★ Apprentice

Whenever I click the Sims 4 icon it takes me to Origin, but when I click the Plau button on Origin it thinks about it for a moment and then does nothing. The Sims 4 will not load, it works fine with my other game but not with Sims 4. I tried restarting my computer but had the same issue, Origin will not load the Sims 4, although it did so earlier in the day. 

Message 1 of 216 (300,670 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Lord-of-Trash101

Ok. And did you install/update anything, as per my question in my previous post?

Can you go into Documents > Electronic Arts and drag the Sims 4 folder to your desktop. Now try launching the game again.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 4 of 216 (343,775 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@Lord-of-Trash101

Have you tried repairing the game? Right click on the game in your games library in Origin and select repair game.

Between it loading and then not loading, had you installed any new content into the game or patched it, or updated your Mac?

You don't have to launch the game through Origin, you can just double click on the game in your Applications folder. Origin will automatically open and launch Sims 4.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 216 (300,242 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the advice, I just tried repairing the game but it didn't seem to make a difference. I've tried opening it from my desktop and applications folder and it opens Origin but doesn't launch the Sims 4. Whenever I click the icon it closes then reopens Origin but not the game. 

Message 3 of 216 (300,238 Views)

@Lord-of-Trash101

Ok. And did you install/update anything, as per my question in my previous post?

Can you go into Documents > Electronic Arts and drag the Sims 4 folder to your desktop. Now try launching the game again.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 216 (343,776 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What is after this step if none of the previous options worked?

Message 5 of 216 (299,401 Views)

★★ Novice

i did this and it deleted all of my families in the game, is there any chance of me reinstalling them, i would rather have them back and not play it then start the game from the beginning 

Message 6 of 216 (297,266 Views)

@arthisthicc

It hasn't deleted your saves or any user data. The game has simply recreated the Sims 4 folder. Your saves etc. are in the folder you dragged to your desktop. It's the first troubleshooting step you should try if your game won't open. If your game loads after moving the folder it means the issue is somewhere in your user data - corrupt save/incompatible CC or Mods etc.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 216 (297,247 Views)

★★★★ Novice

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Ive spent the last 3 hours clearing my caches restarting uninstalling origin an reinstalling and now it finally works, i'm just praying deleting my caches did nothing

Message 8 of 216 (295,976 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me too i also tried updating my game because it needed to be updated then it worked. the next day i went to go on the sims then it did that. i tried updating it again and repairing it but it does not work :/

Message 9 of 216 (295,074 Views)

★★★ Newbie

you can try deleting your cc or just a few of your cc i did this and it worked for me! Standard smile now my game workes

Message 10 of 216 (295,025 Views)