Re: My Sims 3 Game takes forever to load (Mac)

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

My Sims 3 Game takes forever to load (Mac)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

My game takes forever to load! Three times already I have opened my launcher and gotten to the screen where you pick your household and while that household is loading I don't end up playing because it takes (I honestly don't know how long it would take If I let it just sit there) over an hour each time I have tried to play. I did this three times and every time I have to force my computer to turn off. Earlier Today I Downloaded some mods. First I downloaded Resource.cfg and then I made a package folder with 3 mods in them: WooHooer, Woohooer Scoring and Traveler. I have about 380 CC files all from the TSR. I have had no problems with my CC loading, delaying the game or anything in the past. I have every expansion pack except for into the future and I have some store content. 

I honestly don't know what to do and I really want to play with all my CC, store content and Mods. Anyone know any solutions? 

EDIT (crin): @mkwiseman Moved your thread to the mac forum

Message 1 of 3 (2,340 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I had the exact same thing and I was told to get rid of mods and custom content and everything. also to reload everything in order of when they came out... I did and I still had the problem for a long time... so idk what to tell you other than good luck!

iv since had new computers and its still taking a really long time but less...

EA seems to have issues with these things all of the time.... I'm hoping someday they pay attention to their consumers and fix that problem because they make great games and have great ideas the execution just needs some help.

why make expansions and things if you cant run them all at the same time?

Message 2 of 3 (2,326 Views)

@mkwiseman @SuperMandypoo

Please can you provide more information about your Macs. Instructions on how to do so here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Without any CC and some Mods your game will load quicker. There's no way round that. CC and Mods are 3rd party content that you are choosing to add to your game. If they negatively affect the game then it's down to you to weed out the items causing the issue. If you have a load of CC then your save files are probably pretty big which means slower loading times. It also depends on how powerful your Macs are.

When you move out your entire Sims 3 folder from Documents > Electronic Arts how quickly does it load?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (2,312 Views)