Re: My MacbookPro shuts down

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My MacbookPro shuts down

★★★ Newbie

When I try to play Sims 4 on my Macbook Pro Retina (Mid 2012) I can get the game started, then my Mac just turns off.  I can play it on a older iMac that has half the specs of the laptop.

The following are the specs for my Macbook:

Version 10.11.5

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)

Processor: 2,3GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

Did I waste my money?

Message 1 of 3 (208 Views)

Accepted Solution

@micktheslick60

If your Mac is turning itself off this may be indicative of an issue with it, not the game. Most likely overheating although it shouldn't overheat that quickly. Is your Mac on a hard level surface so air can circulate underneath? Are you running other software that's using a large amount of processing power or graphics power at the same time as trying to launch the game? Do you play with Mods? If so move them out and try loading again.

If you have an Apple store near you you could make an appointment at the Genius bar to have them look over your Mac. They can run a complete diagnostic on it which will bring up any hardware faults.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (206 Views)

All Replies

@micktheslick60 moved to the Mac forums. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 3 (198 Views)

@micktheslick60

If your Mac is turning itself off this may be indicative of an issue with it, not the game. Most likely overheating although it shouldn't overheat that quickly. Is your Mac on a hard level surface so air can circulate underneath? Are you running other software that's using a large amount of processing power or graphics power at the same time as trying to launch the game? Do you play with Mods? If so move them out and try loading again.

If you have an Apple store near you you could make an appointment at the Genius bar to have them look over your Mac. They can run a complete diagnostic on it which will bring up any hardware faults.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (207 Views)