Re: My MacBook Air can't seem to cope with the November 12 Sims 4 patch!

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My MacBook Air can't seem to cope with the November 12 Sims 4 patch!

★★★★★ Newbie

Ever since I updated my game to the new Sims 4 patch on November 12, whenever I open the game my computer's ventilators will start raging. Usually, they'd turn on and be there softly humming in the background, but this time I was scared my computer was going to die. Plus, the bottom of my screen started glitching. 

While I do have mods, one of my friends doesn't and she has this very same problem. Both of us haven't updated our MacBook Air to Catalina yet.

My friend and I have been playing the Sims 4 since 2015 and this has never happened before. I really do hope this patch hasn't made The Sims 4 incompatible with my computer. In the meantime, I will not be playing the game until a new patch comes out, I'm far too concerned for my computer's health. 

Message 1 of 4 (423 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Guide
@Oddball0420 The Sims 4 places a fair amount of stress on the CPU and GPU of computers, especially if the graphics options are at all aggressive. On my MacBook Pro the fans start to spin pretty heavily as soon as I go into Live mode. I would not be overly concerned by this unless your Mac, at some point, complains of heat and shuts down.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (380 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I also play on a MacBook Air and this always happens when I play, it has ever since I started. It's probably just because The Sims 4 is a big game, it hasn't caused any problems for me other than making my lap a little hot. 

Message 2 of 4 (398 Views)

@Oddball0420  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 Mac tech section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 4 (393 Views)

★★ Guide
@Oddball0420 The Sims 4 places a fair amount of stress on the CPU and GPU of computers, especially if the graphics options are at all aggressive. On my MacBook Pro the fans start to spin pretty heavily as soon as I go into Live mode. I would not be overly concerned by this unless your Mac, at some point, complains of heat and shuts down.
Message 4 of 4 (381 Views)