My Launcher Wont Highlight The Sims 3 EP/SP Icons

by robintumbl407

Original Post

My Launcher Wont Highlight The Sims 3 EP/SP Icons

★ Novice

So I have been playing the Sims 3 64-bit since it came out and for some reason, the icons at the bottom left corner of the launcher won't highlight the expansion packs and the stuff packs I own. I can still play them and what not but they're not being highlighted.

I own:

EXPANSION PACKS

The Sims 3

Late Night

Ambitions

Generations

Pets

University Life

Seasons

STUFF PACKS

High-End Loft Stuff

Master Suite Stuff

Outdoor Living Stuff

Town life Stuff

Message 1 of 2 (182 Views)

Re: My Launcher Wont Highlight The Sims 3 EP/SP Icons

@robintumbl407  The reason this happens is that the relevant .plist files are not present in ~/Library/Application Support/Origin/Installer Data.  If your base game icon is also not highlighted, its .plist files are missing too, but you can now (after yesterday's patch) fix that by repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.  This only fixes the base game though.

I haven't seen any consequences to not having the pack icons highlighted so far.  If it really bothers you though, you can do one of three things:

• Delete the Sims 3 Packs folder, wherever it is, and redownload all your packs.  As long as the Installer Data folder has been created (the repair will create it if it's not already there), the packs' .plist files will be created as well.
  • Opt into the Origin technical preview; the issue is apparently fixed there.
  • Wait for an Origin update where what is currently the technical preview becomes the standard build.
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (169 Views)