Multiple Saves with Disabled Packs

by candiecoatediv

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Multiple Saves with Disabled Packs

★★★★★ Guide

I have to keep my packs under control in order for my game to function properly. Is there a way to have multiple saves with different disabled packs named as such so I can keep them organized? I currently have a save with all of my packs. I then have one with only a few. The one with all the packs stays on my desktop but it’s labled The Sims 4. The current game is also named the sims 4 so when I want to start a new game with other select packs, I’ll move the current game to my desktop but how do I know what’s what? I tried renaming it but all that did was start a new game when I went to play. 

Message 1 of 3 (339 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Multiple Saves with Disabled Packs

Champion

@candiecoatediv, the Sims 4 folder is where your saved games, CC, Mods and game preferences are stored. Any time you move the folder to your Desktop, a new folder is generated because the game needs information that is stored in that folder to run. 

My advice is to name each Sims 4 on your Desktop something different like say Sims 4 Seasons because the games stored there all ran under your Seasons EP. Or Sims 4 Cats and Dogs, and so on and so forth. You cannot rename the current Sims 4 (Documents > Electronic Arts >Sims 4) as the game needs to recognize it to run. You can then move saved games between your Desktop and the game folder as needed.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (317 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@candiecoatediv, the Sims 4 folder is where your saved games, CC, Mods and game preferences are stored. Any time you move the folder to your Desktop, a new folder is generated because the game needs information that is stored in that folder to run. 

My advice is to name each Sims 4 on your Desktop something different like say Sims 4 Seasons because the games stored there all ran under your Seasons EP. Or Sims 4 Cats and Dogs, and so on and so forth. You cannot rename the current Sims 4 (Documents > Electronic Arts >Sims 4) as the game needs to recognize it to run. You can then move saved games between your Desktop and the game folder as needed.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 3 (318 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Tremayne4260 got it! So only rename them when they are on the desktop then change to The Sims 4 when I want to play that particular save. Thank you so much!! 

Message 3 of 3 (307 Views)