Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Multiple Saves with Disabled Packs

by candiecoatediv

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Multiple Saves with Disabled Packs

★★★★ Apprentice

I have to keep my packs under control in order for my game to function properly. Is there a way to have multiple saves with different disabled packs named as such so I can keep them organized? I currently have a save with all of my packs. I then have one with only a few. The one with all the packs stays on my desktop but it’s labled The Sims 4. The current game is also named the sims 4 so when I want to start a new game with other select packs, I’ll move the current game to my desktop but how do I know what’s what? I tried renaming it but all that did was start a new game when I went to play. 

Message 1 of 3 (147 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@candiecoatediv, the Sims 4 folder is where your saved games, CC, Mods and game preferences are stored. Any time you move the folder to your Desktop, a new folder is generated because the game needs information that is stored in that folder to run. 

My advice is to name each Sims 4 on your Desktop something different like say Sims 4 Seasons because the games stored there all ran under your Seasons EP. Or Sims 4 Cats and Dogs, and so on and so forth. You cannot rename the current Sims 4 (Documents > Electronic Arts >Sims 4) as the game needs to recognize it to run. You can then move saved games between your Desktop and the game folder as needed.

***Please note that I am a player like you and not an employee of EA.***

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (125 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@candiecoatediv, the Sims 4 folder is where your saved games, CC, Mods and game preferences are stored. Any time you move the folder to your Desktop, a new folder is generated because the game needs information that is stored in that folder to run. 

My advice is to name each Sims 4 on your Desktop something different like say Sims 4 Seasons because the games stored there all ran under your Seasons EP. Or Sims 4 Cats and Dogs, and so on and so forth. You cannot rename the current Sims 4 (Documents > Electronic Arts >Sims 4) as the game needs to recognize it to run. You can then move saved games between your Desktop and the game folder as needed.

***Please note that I am a player like you and not an employee of EA.***
Message 2 of 3 (126 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

@Tremayne4260 got it! So only rename them when they are on the desktop then change to The Sims 4 when I want to play that particular save. Thank you so much!! 

Message 3 of 3 (115 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help