Re: Move lots/households Mac to a PC?

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Move lots/households Mac to a PC?

★★ Novice

I have upgraded my computer from a 2010 MacBook Pro to an Alienware M17 R2, (I am waiting for the computer to be delivered), and I'm wondering if it's going to be possible to save my lots and households. I am playing Legacy edition right now and don't have access to the gallery to upload my saves, I don't have an external hard drive and am not sure how to change the file type from mac to pc. I do not use mods. Thanks for your time!

Message 1 of 4 (193 Views)

@Magnoliadora

All your lots and households saved to your Library will be in your Tray folder in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 Legacy. You can copy them onto a USB stick or online storage and then place into the Sims 4 folder on your new PC.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (155 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh thanks, I thought the files would be incompatible since I was trying to move them from mac to pc. 

@Bluebellflora wrote:
@Magnoliadora

All your lots and households saved to your Library will be in your Tray folder in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 Legacy. You can copy them onto a USB stick or online storage and then place into the Sims 4 folder on your new PC.

Message 3 of 4 (140 Views)

@Magnoliadora

Nope, all user data is in the same format regardless of the platform Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (119 Views)