Re: Mods won’t show up or work

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mods won’t show up or work

★ Novice

Hi,

i am trying to install my first Mod and have been trying for a few hours now! I have read so many forums boards on troubleshooting Mods but nothing is working. 

I have enabled script mods and cc in the game.

i have tried to use the files as ZIP and unzipped separately. 

Restarted the laptop and game.

cleaned out cache folders.

ran the repair game option.

moved mods folder to desktop and back again and made sure it’s the only mods folder on laptop.

tried different mods to see if for some reason the ones I chose were broken. (I’ve tried playable pets mods and and eyelashes)

my game is legit bought on origin so it’s not that it’s pirated. 

could it possible be due to not having the memory specifications on the laptop to enable them in gameplay?

Pls help! Thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 12 (2,709 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@JayLoo93

It appears in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 as soon as you launch the game. Are you 100% sure it has not recreated in there? It would be extraordinary if it didn't.

Could you please click on your Sims 4 folder once to select it, then go to File > Get Info. In the window that pops up please can you copy and paste the file path of the Sims 4 folder into a post here. It will be under the General > Where section near the top of the info window.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 4 of 12 (2,664 Views)

All Replies

@JayLoo93 

could it possible be due to not having the memory specifications on the laptop to enable them in gameplay? - No, unless you have a ridiculous amount of CC and low memory.

CC/Mods should be unzipped with only the .package or .ts4script extension in your Mods folder. Move your Mods folder to your desktop and launch the game so a new one with a new resource.cfg file is created. Quit the game and move one piece of CC with the .package extension into the newly created Mods folder in your Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4 > Mods folder. Does it show up? If not, please link the one piece of CC you have tried.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 12 (2,686 Views)

★ Novice

thanks @Bluebellflora  I’ve done as you said & moved the mods folder to desktop, launched and quit the game but a new mods folder hasn’t appeared in the sims4 folder?

Message 3 of 12 (2,678 Views)

[ Edited ]

@JayLoo93

It appears in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 as soon as you launch the game. Are you 100% sure it has not recreated in there? It would be extraordinary if it didn't.

Could you please click on your Sims 4 folder once to select it, then go to File > Get Info. In the window that pops up please can you copy and paste the file path of the Sims 4 folder into a post here. It will be under the General > Where section near the top of the info window.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 12 (2,665 Views)

★ Novice
@Bluebellflora, Yes 100% a new Mods folder doesnt appear, Ive tried it a few times.
This is all it says in get info:

Kind: Folder
28,514,609 bytes (28.6 MB on disk) for 39 items
Where: Macintosh HD -Users- - Desktop
Created: Monday, 21 January 2019 at 23:54
Modified: 30 January 2019 at 22:21

Could this be the reason that the Mods aren't working?

Message 5 of 12 (2,646 Views)

★ Novice

@Bluebellflora,

Actually when I’ve just searched for ‘Mods’ folder on whole computer a new one has generated under the sims 4 which appears to be separate to the sims 4 folder I was searching in.

i did uninstall & reinstall the game in an attempt to fix the issue previously is it possible to have 2 Sims4 folders? 

Thanks. !!

Message 6 of 12 (2,641 Views)

★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

sorry for the repeat messages but thankyou you’ve fixed the issue! I did have 2 sims4 folders that I didn’t know about so I was simply using the wrong ones thanks so much for your help! 

Message 7 of 12 (2,639 Views)

@JayLoo93

Great! I asked for the file path to check where you had the folder. You had it on the desktop, not in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 12 (2,619 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have The same problem as what he had .. I tried everything in my mods still not showing I’m on Mac 

Message 9 of 12 (1,936 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I just figured out the problem ! 

Message 10 of 12 (1,935 Views)