Re: Mods and custom content not working/showing

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict still nothing :/ i’m not sure why it isn’t showing up. sorry if i’m a bother
Message 11 of 20 (545 Views)

@luvvathug  You're not a bother at all.  Let's try this a different way.  Please start with a(nother) clean Sims 3 folder.  Specifically use this guide and the provided resource.cfg to set up your Mods framework:

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

See whether NoIntro and NoBuildSparkles work, and let me know either way.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 20 (538 Views)

★★★ Novice

no it didn't seem to work, I'm not sure why

Message 13 of 20 (525 Views)

@luvvathug  Please right-click on the Mods folder and select Get Info, then copy the file location, under "Where," and paste it here.  You can write "username" instead of your actual username, but please leave the rest of the file path intact.

Message 14 of 20 (519 Views)

★★★ Novice

/Users/camia/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3

Message 15 of 20 (500 Views)

@luvvathug  That's the issue: your Mods folder is somewhere the game can't read it.  Please move your Mods folder to your desktop.  Then open a Finder window, click Macintosh HD (or whatever you've renamed your hard disk) in the left panel, then Users > [your username] > Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3, and drag your Mods folder inside the Sims 3 folder.  If you don't see Macintosh HD in the left panel, click Finder in the upper left corner of the screen, then Preferences > Sidebar, and check the box next to hard disks.

Be sure to delete the cache files again before launching the game.

Message 16 of 20 (936 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you!!! it works now omg! 

Message 17 of 20 (480 Views)

★★★ Novice

the .package files are working, but not the sims3pack, why do you think it might not be working? I cant see it in launcher either

Message 18 of 20 (473 Views)

[ Edited ]

@luvvathug  Are you installing .Sims3Packs through the launcher, or some other way?  They need to be placed in the Downloads folder inside the same Sims 3 folder, from where the launcher can install them.

It's possible that iCloud removed your installed content as well, in which case you'd need to redownload and reinstall it, so please try reinstalling at least one new item and let me know whether it shows up in-game.

Message 19 of 20 (462 Views)

★★★ Novice

okay that fixed it, thanks a lot!

Message 20 of 20 (457 Views)