Re: trouble with script mods on Mac

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora 

Because of how I have my iCloud settings configured, everything that is in my Desktop and Documents folders on my main computer (my Mac desktop) is automatically synced and stored to iCloud so that I can access it from all of my other devices. So the way Apple has it configured, your Desktop and Documents folders are "moved" under the iCloud heading, to show that they're available in iCloud across all your devices. But technically my files are all still actively being stored on my main computer as well.

Anyways, I appreciate your response, I'll have to keep looking around for an answer! Do you know if there is a discord server or anything else for Mac simmers? Really need to find more TS4 Mac-specific resources.

Message 21 of 23 (549 Views)

[ Edited ]

@ajduckie

Yes, I understand how it works but the game looks in Macintosh HD > Users > [your user account] > Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 for the data. You are adding in iCloud to the file path so it gives up and creates a new folder as it can't find one.

There is a Discord that some Mac users frequent yes but I cannot link to it here, have a google Standard smile

Edit to add - I play on a MacBook Pro and an iMac and do this to sync my saves, Mods and Tray folders - https://bluebellflora.com/syncing-sims-4-saves-using-the-cloud-and-playing-on-multiple-computers/ it keeps all folders local on your machine but uses cloud syncing to keep them up to date, it's fantastic.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 22 of 23 (547 Views)

Re: Mods and Custom Content Not Appearing in Game

★★ Novice

I am also having issues; however on my MacBook Pro I have multiple folders named documents and all of them say they are empty!?

Message 23 of 23 (408 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help