Mod Folder (Out of Space) Sims 4

by bethklaire

Original Post

Mod Folder (Out of Space) Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

I have a TON of space on my Macbook Air. I downloaded a plethora of mods last night and most of them are not loaded into the game. The EA folder says “Out of Space” and then says “Out of Space” underneath the Mods Folder. I even upgraded my icloud space to accomdate. Please help!

Message 1 of 14 (19,444 Views)

Re: Mod Folder (Out of Space) Sims 4

★★ Guide
Can you provide a screen shot?
Message 2 of 14 (19,397 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a Mac also and the same thing happened to me! I found that if you restart your laptop that should do the trick. however I did make sure that on my Icloud account I n setting said I had enough storage. 😊

Message 3 of 14 (19,184 Views)

★★★ Newbie

didn't work what should I do?

Message 4 of 14 (18,790 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I restarted my MacBook Air and its changed to waiting to upload but its still saying its out of space and my iCloud storage is full. what do I do?

Message 5 of 14 (17,041 Views)

@pugs40

You'll have to free up space on your Mac. Remove anything in the Downloads folder and Empty the trash. Then you'll just have to look at your installed Apps and see what you can uninstall.

If you have a large iTunes library and Photos library you can store these on an external drive. Let me know if you need help setting that up but a quick google will find loads of sites with instructions on how to do it Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 14 (17,024 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Animalloversaree I should try that!
Message 7 of 14 (16,637 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So basically you have have like 260 gb of storage on you actual Mac,numbers may differ, but you only have 5 gb of iCloud storage. You store all your cc in the "Documents" folder, and that is in iCloud Drive. Basically ALL your mod and custom content are saved onto your iCloud Drive. Custom content takes up A LOT of space, and the base game takes up around 600-700 mb/ So when you dowloaded all those mods you then ran out of the 5mb of storage space that you had. Theres no real solution but to buy more iCloud storage, I just quit playing the Sims 4. Standard smile.

Message 8 of 14 (16,526 Views)

★ Novice

Ive tried everything and still having this problem! Any help would be AMAZING!!!

Message 9 of 14 (8,497 Views)

Mods says out of space

★★★★ Novice

I have sims 4 and my mods says “ Out of Space “ and I just added storage on my computer and it’s not not going away and I actually don’t know what’s it is for.

Please help me get rid of this…

i play on IMAC 2019 and I have a lot of storage 

Message 10 of 14 (8,421 Views)