Missing letters across text boxes on Sims 4

by lozcapon

Original Post

Missing letters across text boxes on Sims 4

★ Novice

I’ve been playing Sims 4 fine for months but in the last couple of weeks I’ve been seeing missing letters appearing in all words used across the game - mainly in the text boxes. (Pictures attached as examples)

This sometimes happens straight away when loading the game, sometimes not for 1+ hours into gameplay. 

I’ve already tried:

- uninstalling mods and CC from the game

- repairing the main Sims 4 game in Origin

Neither of the above have worked and it’s driving me crazy. Has anyone got any suggestions? Any help would be much appreciated!! 

Message 1 of 8 (1,324 Views)

Re: Missing letters across text boxes on Sims 4

Community Manager
Hey @lozcapon,

Wanted to check if this was still happening? To confirm this doesn't happen when the game first starts, but while your playing?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 8 (1,211 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hey @EA_Illium thanks for your reply! It is indeed still happening - most of the time it’s during gameplay, but there have been a few times where it happens almost as soon as I unpause the game to start playing after loading it up

Message 3 of 8 (1,200 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @lozcapon, Can you try the steps outlined here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-4-Mac-missing-blank-text-or-wrong-...

We may be having a similar issue, go through them then let us know if this keeps happening. 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 8 (1,191 Views)

Community Manager
@lozcapon Wanted to check-in to see if this was still happening and if you had been able to check out the above link?

- Illium

Illium.png

Message 5 of 8 (1,132 Views)

★ Novice

Hey @EA_Illium, I haven’t actually played long enough to know for sure, but when I played earlier for around an hour the issue didn’t happen! 

I will keep an eye on it this weekend though and let you know if any further issues - if there are I’ll try the above fix Standard smile

Message 6 of 8 (1,108 Views)

@lozcapon

Was that after you installed the game patch on the 6th?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 7 of 8 (1,089 Views)

★ Novice

@Bluebellflora I’m not aware if I’ve downloaded any updates this week but it may have auto installed! 

Message 8 of 8 (1,080 Views)