Macbook Hotkeys

by candiecoatediv

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Macbook Hotkeys

★★★★★ Guide

Hello,

I’m trying to locate an updated list of hotkeys for Mac. I found a posting on the forum from 2015 and the function I’m trying to perform I do not see anything in this list and I’m wondering is there an updated list somewhere? I notice in a lot of videos people are able to rotate their camera view during build/buy mode with an object in hand. Currently when I’m in build/buy mode if I want to rotate to another wall or area I have to deselect my object or it just rotated the object selected and not the actual view. I hope that makes sense. 

Message 1 of 5 (2,219 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Macbook Hotkeys

@candiecoatediv

If you're on a Mac notebook, or use an external trackpad, you can rotate the camera whilst having an object or room selected by rotating your fingers on the trackpad, like when you rotate an image or PDF in Preview.

There will be an equivalent for a mouse, check the settings in System Preferences Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (2,159 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@candiecoatediv , nothing has changed in regards to the Hot Keys for the Mac or for Windows OS machines. They are the same. If you want to rotate the camera while holding an objects, you can do that with the controls found at the top of your screen in Build/Buy mode.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (2,163 Views)

@candiecoatediv

If you're on a Mac notebook, or use an external trackpad, you can rotate the camera whilst having an object or room selected by rotating your fingers on the trackpad, like when you rotate an image or PDF in Preview.

There will be an equivalent for a mouse, check the settings in System Preferences Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 5 (2,160 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Bluebellflora @Tremayne4260 ill see if I can figure those out. I don’t generally use shortcuts and hotkeys on my laptop when doing anything else. Thanks!

Message 4 of 5 (2,153 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Tremayne4260 i completely forgot about the camera rotation at the top thank you it worked! And @Bluebellflora i was able to go into system preferences and enable rotation for the trackpad and this worked as well! Thank you both!

Message 5 of 5 (2,148 Views)