Re: MacBook Pro User - Origin Blank Log In Screen. Please Help.

by JenniferFerSure

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Hi, thank you so much for getting back to me. Angel 

Took your advice & used the safe mode option. This did not work, but did appear differently on my screen this time on the origin log in... I have linked a photo for you. Also, putting my Mac in safe mode made the monitor of the laptop quite glitchy, is this normal? 

Please send any further suggestions you have to attempt to make my origin work. It has been like this for a week now... 

Many thanks Standard smile

Message 11 of 24 (1,122 Views)

@RhiRob99

Safe mode, as you read in Apple's article, doesn't load all usual startup processes which may interfere with other apps. Yes, the glitchy screen is usual, nothing to worry about.

Did you try the legacy client I linked to in my previous post? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/MacBook-Pro-User-Origin-Blank-Log-In-Screen-Please-He...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 12 of 24 (1,108 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi, I contacted EA after being sat in a queue of 100 people, and they sent me this link. I downloaded it, and it was not successful, in-fact the log in origin box was even smaller and was not interactable. I told him this - and he said that I must restart my Mac for it to work... when I did this there was no change. So not only was it not working... I was then expected to wait in a 100 person queue again. I will link a photo below for you with what it looks like when I run origin with this setting in place.

Thank you so much for all your help. I feel like nothings working Frown 

Message 13 of 24 (1,096 Views)

@RhiRob99

Thanks for the picture. Have you changed any default settings in System Preferences > Accessibility or Displays? What is that App that is open with the yellow tick in the Dock?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 14 of 24 (1,087 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've not changed any settings in my Mac, what would I need to change?

After origin wasn't working, and I tried everything suggested by EA. I panicked & downloaded Norton anti virus & paid for this due to me believing origin wasn't opening due to a virus. Since then I've removed Norton & redownloaded, origin still not opening  regardless of whether this application is on my system or not. I'm aware some anti virus software can block things from opening, hence why I deleted it all together, but it made absolutely no difference to the blank origin screen log in.

Thank you so much for your replies Standard smile

Message 15 of 24 (1,083 Views)

@RhiRob99

If you haven't changed any System Preference settings then don't worry Standard smile

Try a new user account on your Mac and see if you can launch the game in there. Instead of opening Origin first, launch the game from the Applications folder and wait for the login screen.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 16 of 24 (1,045 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, thank you for all your suggestions.

I sat in a chat room once again in early October with EA support, they sent be a link to download an older version of origin, this worked on my Mac brilliantly! I have been using the older version since then, until recently. The only thing was as it was so old I could not access the internet via origin.

When sims 4 discover university was announced I thought I'd attempt to download the newer version of Origin so I could download / pre-order this, and it worked!.....for a week. I've pre-ordered the expansion pack, paid for it, come to open origin today...and its showing up with the blank screen once again. Not sure why as it was working fine for a week with the new Origin, and now won't open again. 

Worried that my new expansion pack will now not be able to download due to the old origin not being able to access the internet. Not sure what to do... Confused

Message 17 of 24 (892 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@RhiRob99 Check your proxy settings!! Game clients like Origin do not like proxies! This happened to me about a month ago, sadly I lost everything so PLEASE make sure everything is backed up properly!
Message 18 of 24 (885 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi, thanks for your speedy reply! 

I’m awful at computers, and still getting used to my Mac slowly...I’ve tried almost everything, but don’t think I’ve heard this one... 

so... how in the hell do I check my proxy settings? And then how do I get rid of them? Lol, sorry Large smile 

thanks so much 

also - noob Q. HOW DO I BACK EVERYTHING UP PROPERLY Tongue out 

Message 19 of 24 (860 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I got my Origin by resetting my iMac meaning wipe them clean. Because I tried all the things you done and doesn’t work. This method works for me, just makes sure you have Sims 4 saves, Tray and mods in a USB or a back Up hard drive.

Message 20 of 24 (838 Views)