Re: Mac won't let me play sims 4 after I updated

by Tremayne4260

Original Post

Mac won't let me play sims 4 after I updated

★★★ Newbie

So Today I Went Onto Origin To Play The Sims 4 And Origin Said I Had To Update So I Did ,Then After It Was Finished Updating  I Clicked On Sims 4 And Then My Mac Said It Was Unable To Start Sims 4.

Message 1 of 4 (475 Views)

Champion

@02Mermaid , do you play with any CC or Mods? If you do, your Mods are probably out of date and need to be updated to work with the latest patch. Please check with the creators of your favorite Mods and insure that the Mod has been updated (or will continue to work) with the newest patch.

In the meantime to check if something else was not working with your game, please move your Sims 4 folder (found Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4) to your Desktop and do NOT delete it! This is where your saved games are stored. Next start up Sims 4 and see if the game will start also allowing for a new Sims 4 folder to regenerate. If the game does start, then start a new game (as your old saved games are currently on your Desktop) and play for about an hour or so to make sure that nothing else odd occurs. You can then quit. If everything appears to be working, then it was either a bad piece of CC or as stated before the out dated Mod(s) that caused your game to not launch properly. You can safely add back your saves to the new Sims 4 folder. 

Please keep us updated.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 4 (461 Views)

★★★ Newbie
whats a mod or cc?
Message 3 of 4 (410 Views)

Champion

@02Mermaid , a mod is a program that changes how the game operates. "Mods" is short for Modification. For example, some mods may add additional careers or change specific aspects of gameplay. "CC" is short for custom content. CC is used to add more content to the game, like more hair styles or make up or clothes for example. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 4 (389 Views)