Re: Mac trackpad

by seruuhh

Original Post

Mac trackpad

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trackpad controls are not working properly in game, specifically the pinch zoom gesture and the two finger rotate
What happens when the bug occurs? Trackpad controls are not working properly in game, specifically the pinch zoom gesture and the two finger rotate
What do you expect to see? I've been using Sims 4 for a while now and have gotten used to the trackpad features on Mac for rotating and zooming in or out while on build mode. Using the trackpad solely to move the camera around and not having to use other keys.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated the game through Origin on June 17, 2020.

The trackpad functions of rotating and zooming the camera does not work after updating the game. I've tried the following already:
- enabling the Sims 3 camera function
- disabling all custom content that I have
- repairing the Sims 4 in Origin and restarting my device
- double-checked my trackpad settings on my device
- moving my Sims 4 folder to the desktop to restart the game with clean user files

- making sure I don't have nay 3rd party software / other apps running

Message 1 of 3 (290 Views)

Hero
@seruuhh Sounds like this issue that was fixed a while ago. Maybe it's back ?

Could you verify for me that this is the issue you're seeing: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/FIXED-Zoom-and-rotate-Trackpad-controls-not-working-s... ?

(just read the first post).

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (254 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict Hi! Similar issue to that topic. However, I recently opened my Sims 4 (about 20mins ago) and the issue seems to have been resolved already.

Not sure though what resulted to the changes.
Message 3 of 3 (244 Views)