Mac: sims 3 base game 'unknown error'

by BethBaker01

Original Post

Mac: sims 3 base game 'unknown error'

★★ Novice

Hi there,

I got a new MacBook (newest one with touch bar) about a year ago and have tried multiple times to download the sims 3. Ive been trying again recently and decided it was time to seek help. I have all the disks and have signed in with origin and they all come up automatically since I put all the codes in previously, so they just go in the que to load, which is perfect. Anyway about a week ago I downloaded the base game and it worked, I then downloaded pets and the 'unknown error occurred' bubble popped up so I deleted the game and started again re-downloading. I now know that this can easily be solved by tutorials on youtube and the problem is to do with the expansion packs. Now i've tried to download again and the BASE game itself just comes up the 'unknown error occurred' and I can find anywhere online to deal with it.

Please help me, I would be so very grateful!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (823 Views)

Re: Mac: sims 3 base game 'unknown error'

@BethBaker01

Did you uninstall properly? You have to get rid of all the residual files. Just leaving one behind can screw up a future install. Can you also be a little more specific about the MBP you have? There are several different Touch Bar MBPs.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 3 (808 Views)

Re: Mac: sims 3 base game 'unknown error'

★★ Novice

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, I will try and cleanly uninstall using the website! When I did it the first time I went through all my files one by one but ill do this. 

I have the macOS High Sierra 2.9 GHz intel core i5 (processor0 with intel iris graphics 550 1536 MB (graphics). Im not too sure what all this means but its also version 10.13.1 if any of that makes sense. 

Thanks again,

Beth 

Message 3 of 3 (795 Views)