(Mac) TS4 Completely Reset, Help with Mods?

by chaelatay

Original Post

(Mac) TS4 Completely Reset, Help with Mods?

★★★ Newbie

I hadn't played TS4 for about two weeks and then yesterday I tried opening it and origin started updating or downloading something and I had to wait a few minutes before playing. I had the game since it came out for Mac and I was really upset to find out the game had done a COMPLETE reset. Everything was gone, the tutorial was triggered, all of my gallery items were gone, and my custom content was gone.

So today I decided to reinstall the game and start the healing process and move forward from this traumatic event. I had my mod folder from the old game also in my favorites bar on the left so that I had easy access to it, and it ran fine before the game reset (I have a picture attached). My custom content was the only thing remaining from the old game, there weren't any screenshots, save files, etc. I took all of the custom content (no mods) from the old mod folder and placed it in the new mod folder under Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods. I tried launching the game, then I got a message saying something about having to remove a specific "mod", (it was actually custom content bc I don't do mods!). I removed the specific file and tried launching again. I then realized that the game was going in in alphabetical order through items in the mod file and it was going to tell me to remove all mods. I tried taking the resource file that comes with the new mod folder and placing it in the old mod folder. I moved the files from the new mod folder and moved them to my desktop. (IDK I thought it would do something???) The game launched and no cc showed up. I tried a million other things with my moderate knowledge of TS4 and macbooks. 

btw I already did this:

*I allowed script mods and custom content

*made sure that cc files open with sims 4

If anybody has any ideas, solutions, support, or has the same problem please let me know! Thank you so much if you took the time to read all of this it's very much appreciated HeartHeartHeart

~ michaela berkowitz

Message 1 of 3 (264 Views)

Re: (Mac) TS4 Completely Reset, Help with Mods?

Hero (Retired)

@chaelatay Moving this post to the sims mac forum

Message 2 of 3 (249 Views)

Re: (Mac) TS4 Completely Reset, Help with Mods?

@chaelatay

Move your Mods folder out onto your desktop and launch the game - does it work?

Have you checked that your 3rd party content is compatible with the most recent version of the game? A new patch was released yesterday.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (241 Views)