Re: (Mac) Sims 4 Application Won't Respond

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

(Mac) Sims 4 Application Won't Respond

★★★ Newbie

I've had the Sims 4 since the release and there have been no issues with it besides my cc/mods but I had resolved those on my own. Recently my game just wouldn't open, I had left it on for a whole night just incase it needed some time and it still said "Application Not Responding." So today I removed all my mods/cc and trashed them, tried to start up my game and it still said "Application Not Responding." Then I went into Origin and clicked "Repair" and it STILL said "Application Not Responding" and finally, I uninstalled and re-installed the game and got the same thing. I repaired it a total of three times and still nothing. I don't know what to do at this point..

Message 1 of 12 (14,393 Views)

Accepted Solution

@chemicalgoddess

Please run the Origin reset tool then try again.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (14,672 Views)

All Replies

@chemicalgoddess

Please run the Origin reset tool then try again.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 12 (14,673 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have done all of the above and even called EA twice. I've run all their troubleshooting options. It worked when I uninstalled the game and only reinstalled the base game and a few add-ons (not sure which because I've uninstalled everything since). I reinstalled the game and all the content I've bought (every one available even "Laundry day") now it isn't responding yet again. Currently, I've uninstalled yet again. This time I've only downloaded the base game back. Something has got to give. I've spent too much time and money not to be able to play my purchases in their entirety. Please HELP!! MacBook Pro user operating on: MacOS Sierra 10.12.3,retina 13-inch, early 2015, memory 8GB, graphics Intel Iris 6100.
Message 3 of 12 (14,307 Views)

@luvvCT

Have you set up a new user account on your Mac and played in that?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 12 (14,287 Views)

★ Novice

I have done that and it still does not work

Message 5 of 12 (14,226 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have this problem too. however as I looked a lot into it i have found multiple ways to fix it.

If You take out the "sims 4"folder out of electronic arts/the sims 4 which should take away any cc/mods, then log into origin and take a right click on the sims 4 game and press "repair" it should repair anything broken in the game including software and everything else hopefully fixing the system of the game on your mac book. 

I do not work as part of Sims but i am more in the Sims community

Hope this fixes the problem x

Message 6 of 12 (14,136 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have tried every tip and I've given upppppppp.............................ive been trying to fix this for ages and ages and i left it for a whole entire  night to fix its self and nothing happened ..... help x

Message 7 of 12 (14,131 Views)

@EmzyStar258  Did you try using the Origin reset tool linked above?  Bluebellflora also a few other ways to troubleshoot your game in her thread stickied at the top of the Sims mac page.  Here are a couple of posts that might be helpful to you:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/461...

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/508...

You might also try uninstalling and reinstalling Origin itself.  There are a number of files that need to be deleted before you reinstall.

https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-uninstall-origin-on-a-mac/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 12 (14,120 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have done all the stuff and more and nothing seems to be working and I've been having this problem for a week now and it still hasn't sorted itself out yet, please somebody help me I don't know what more I can do Frown

Message 9 of 12 (9,933 Views)

@rubyjackmckee

Have you tried a new user account on your Mac? https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mtusr001/mac

AHQSigImage.png
Message 10 of 12 (9,918 Views)