[Mac] No Cheat Bar

by shortstack51

Original Post

[Mac] No Cheat Bar

★★★ Newbie

I just bought Sims 4 for my girlfriend and we're trying to get the cheat bar to open. We've tried every variation of both control and command-shift-c and neither works. Nothing happens. People have suggested it has to do with keyboard preferences or background programs, but there are no other programs open and the settings appear to be ok. Does anyone have any other solutions? Hot-keys work as they should in every other program, so I don't know why it would be different for the Sims.

Message 1 of 5 (3,524 Views)

Re: [Mac] No Cheat Bar

Hero

Could you please try all the suggestions in this thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/816813/cheat-console-wont-open

Make sure you use CTL-SHIFT-C and NOT CMD-SHIFT-C

• Do you have a laptop or desktop computer ?
  • What model ?
  • What's your firmware version ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (3,507 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I tried the fix in the above topic (the only one seemed to be to hold shift while logging in?) and it still isn't working. I'm familiar with how commands tend to map to Mac keyboard shortcuts, so I've been trying ctrl the whole time as well (and option, for good measure, which seems to be the right-click key).

My fiancee's laptop is a Macbook Pro, 17 inches (she got it in 2011, not sure what year the model is). I have to confess I'm not sure what you mean by firmware, but she's running Mac OS 10.8.2. I've checked other people's replies and they seem to have the same issue with newer OS's too (10.9 and Yosemite). Thanks for your help.

Other hot keys work in game.

Message 3 of 5 (3,501 Views)

Hero

Do you have an build-in or external keyboard ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (3,491 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have a normal laptop not a mac and i have not changed any settings or anything and my cheat bar is not coming up either, it was working sunday
Message 5 of 5 (2,312 Views)