Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mac- Initialization error at startup

★★★ Newbie

I keep getting this error at start up 

Unable to start:

Initialization error at start up.

[135dec40:29f00e76:00000084:18a1dd51]

I have done everything and read all the threads nothing seems to work. I have the macOS Catalina update and my mac in early 20165 so it has metal so I don't need legacy.Even when I dowloaded legacy it would not work.I used a cleaner, deleted my mods used the hard way to uninstall origin, uninstall the sims 3 times already. 

Message 1 of 8 (4,789 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mac- Initialization error at startup

[ Edited ]

@AubreyTambe 

Legacy is not designed to fix the game, it is for Macs that do not support Metal due to older hardware and cannot run the current version of the game. I'm also assuming you don't mean Sims 3 (LE is TS4)

As you know there are a lot of threads on this issue but I'm going to suggest you try something different - completely uninstalling and reinstalling:

1. Back up your Sims 4 folder
  2. Move your Sims 4 folder out of the Electronic Arts folder to somewhere different
  3. Right click on the game in your Origin games library and select Uninstall
  4. Run the Origin reset tool

5. Trash the Origin app 
  6. Empty the trash and restart your Mac
  7. Download and reinstall Origin - make sure you allow access when OS dialogue windows prompt you
  8. Disable automatic updates in Origin
  9. Reinstall the game - make sure you allow access when OS dialogue windows prompt you
  10. Launch the game without any of your previous content

This might not fix it, but it is something to try that no one else has got back to me about yet and will get rid of the Legacy download you installed, always a bonus.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (4,763 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@AubreyTambe 

Legacy is not designed to fix the game, it is for Macs that do not support Metal due to older hardware and cannot run the current version of the game. I'm also assuming you don't mean Sims 3 (LE is TS4)

As you know there are a lot of threads on this issue but I'm going to suggest you try something different - completely uninstalling and reinstalling:

1. Back up your Sims 4 folder
  2. Move your Sims 4 folder out of the Electronic Arts folder to somewhere different
  3. Right click on the game in your Origin games library and select Uninstall
  4. Run the Origin reset tool

5. Trash the Origin app 
  6. Empty the trash and restart your Mac
  7. Download and reinstall Origin - make sure you allow access when OS dialogue windows prompt you
  8. Disable automatic updates in Origin
  9. Reinstall the game - make sure you allow access when OS dialogue windows prompt you
  10. Launch the game without any of your previous content

This might not fix it, but it is something to try that no one else has got back to me about yet and will get rid of the Legacy download you installed, always a bonus.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 8 (4,764 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora It worked thank you so much, much appreciated Standard smile
Message 3 of 8 (4,700 Views)

@AubreyTambe

Thank you SO much for replying that it worked for you. That's really helpful for others looking for help Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 8 (4,680 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@BluebellfloraDidn't work for me Frown I don't know what doooo

Message 5 of 8 (4,512 Views)

@amele1919

Isn't this the issue you're getting? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/135dec40-90f690cf-00000075-495f32a0-Updated-patch-now...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 8 (4,489 Views)

Error code (135dec40:29f00e76:00000084:18a1dd51)

★★★ Newbie

Anyone know how to fix this? Tried what had been said on other forums but it still shows this error message...

Message 7 of 8 (3,078 Views)

Re: Error code (135dec40:29f00e76:00000084:18a1dd51)

Community Manager
Hi @wictoriaberg,

I've merged your post in with this thread. Could you take a moment to read through the advise in this thread and see if that helps.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 8 of 8 (3,070 Views)