Re: Mac: ActivationUI error

by ezcauller

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mac: ActivationUI error

★★★ Newbie

When I select 'Play' in Origin; I am getting the error message 'ActivationUI cannot be opened because of a problem'. I downloaded and have been playing Sims4 since earlier this week without an issue.  I am running OS X El Capitan 10.11.2.

I have run all the updates for OS X and tried to reload Origin but am getting the same error.

Message 1 of 9 (5,850 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@Shinn2408

How about if you launch the game from the Sims 4 app in your Applications folder? If that doesn't work try the following:

1. In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
  2. Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
  3. There should be two files in there. Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. Leave the other file, The Sims 4.par alone.
  4. Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.

You could also try disabling Origin in game. Click on the game in your Origin Game Library and click 'i'. In the next window click on Game Properties and check the relevant box.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (6,066 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@Shinn2408

How about if you launch the game from the Sims 4 app in your Applications folder? If that doesn't work try the following:

1. In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
  2. Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
  3. There should be two files in there. Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. Leave the other file, The Sims 4.par alone.
  4. Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.

You could also try disabling Origin in game. Click on the game in your Origin Game Library and click 'i'. In the next window click on Game Properties and check the relevant box.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 9 (6,067 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Going into applications, removing and re-downloading the game worked.  I hope this isn't a reoccurring problem where I have to continually remove/reload the game.

Message 3 of 9 (5,811 Views)

@Shinn2408

Great Standard smile Thanks for letting us know which solution worked.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 9 (5,803 Views)

★★ Novice

HELLO IVE BEEN TRYING OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO DO THE STEPS TO MAKE THE ORIGIN APP OPEN, BUT IT DOSENT HELP!! I DONT KNOW WHAT IM DOING WRONG AND IVE BEEN DAYS AND NIGHTS TRYING TO MAKE THE APP OPEN!, IVE ERASE IT UNISTALL IT DONE EVERYTHING I CAN BUT IT STILL WONT OPEN!!, IM VERY BAD WITH COMPUTERS WOULD YOU BE KIND ENOUGH TO SHOW ME WITH PICTURES STEP BY STEP WHAT IS IT I NEED TO DO!!! PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! IM DYING TO PLAY THE SIMS :´( :'( :'(

Message 5 of 9 (5,796 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The steps didn't work for me also. It keeps saying activatationui problem.

Message 6 of 9 (5,776 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi this hasn't worked for me either - any other ideas??

Thanks

Message 7 of 9 (5,616 Views)

★★★ Newbie
That's what I think I'm going to have to do. Unfortunately it took a few days to download the first time so it might take a while.
Message 8 of 9 (5,149 Views)

★★ Novice

I actually have 10.7.5 and was absentminded and have automatic updates turned off. Now I worked really hard on my sims and i get the same message. I am at my wits end because I got it for $5 and don't think I will be able to play it and I don't have right click.

Message 9 of 9 (4,944 Views)