MY SIMS 4 WONT UPDATE

by Taylor123453

Original Post

Highlighted

MY SIMS 4 WONT UPDATE

★★★ Newbie

my sims 4 is saying it needs an update but when I go to free the update available button or update game nothing happens and I am unable to play without the update. also my sims 3 is also not working I have late night and pets for sims 3 when I download them on my Mac my sims 3 will not open and I had also bought sims 3 university life and have never been able to play it when I go to download it either just stops when installing it or works but than will not open I have tried to only download sims university life on its own but nothing very disappointed because as I said I have never gotten to play it so would really like to try. if you know anything that could help for either problems please help stuck without any sims at the momet!Frown

Message 1 of 4 (458 Views)

Re: MY SIMS 4 WONT UPDATE

★★★★★ Guide
im not support,

other mac user 4 in one post had issue with sims4 with Origin Client, and that why no one have any idea whats its about, or even dare to reply with any solutions at all.

you have to wait for work days i bet, but that dont mean dev team dont try figure out whats its about.. but i recommend you still lcocate the other mac thread and bump / update that thread and sametime have a mac/sims 4 huge threads
Message 2 of 4 (443 Views)

@Taylor123453

I've moved your post to the Mac forum.

Sims 4 - try this:

1. In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
  2. Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
  3. Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place. If there is another file in the folder, The Sims 4.par, leave it alone.
  4. Now open Origin, click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click on Download.

Sims 3 - Please read this thread and follow the instructions to apply the workaround to your game - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Sims-3-Unknown-Error-in-El-Capitan-Sierra-High/...

The Sims 3 Mac stickied help thread will also give you more tips on how to properly play the game and why issues arise - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/749...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 4 (396 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@Bluebellflora Hi, im having the same problem and I tried the solution. Now the game wont redownload and I cant play at all! What else could I do to solve this? Thanks!

Message 4 of 4 (345 Views)