MY GAME HAS DELETED

by LilyBea1

Original Post

MY GAME HAS DELETED

★ Novice

hi so i downloaded the sims4 on my mac book a months back, built such nice houses and families i really don't wanna lose as i spent weeks working on them ahaha. Anyways my mac started lagging a lot (i assume because of the game) so i deleted it from my computer via origin to get it running normally and then re-downloaded it. However upon going back on the game just now it seems all my progress is gone and i'm just back to the beginning tutorial part! Does anyone know anyway i can get my world and progress back, as i have no clue what to do 

Message 1 of 9 (881 Views)

Re: MY GAME HAS DELETED

@LilyBea1

Your user data folder, which contains your saves and the game needs to load your progress, is located in Documents > Electronic Arts by default and labelled The Sims 4. Have you also trashed that at some point?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 9 (836 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

i haven't messed with any of that, i go onto my 'saves' folder within the sims 4 but theres only an empty folder within it labelled 'scratch'

Message 3 of 9 (768 Views)

@LilyBea1 

Sounds like a new Sims 4 folder has been created when you launched the game. The scratch folder is created when you launch the game but automatically deletes when you quit the game. If your game crashes the Scratch folder can remain behind but you can delete it.

Let's do a search of your Mac for files ending .save using Terminal. Open Terminal (Applications > Utilities), copy and paste the following then hit Enter/Return:

find / -name "*.save" 2>/dev/null

It will take a while so let it do it's thing. Please copy/paste the results here.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 9 (735 Views)

★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

/Users/lilywingate/.Trash/The Sims 4/Slot_00000002.save

/Users/lilywingate/iCloud Drive (Archive)/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/saves/Slot_00000003.save

/Users/lilywingate/iCloud Drive (Archive)/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/saves/Slot_00000004.save

Lily-Beas-MBP:~ lilywingate$

Thank you so much for helping me out here! above is what appeared after i typed in the code you gave me 

Message 5 of 9 (687 Views)

@LilyBea1

Thanks Standard smile

Have you recently disabled iCloud Drive? That iCloud Drive (Archive) folder contains your Documents folder which contains the Electronic Arts > Sims 4 folder. You need to move the Electronic Arts folder directly into the Documents folder so the file path would be:

/Users/lilywingate/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/saves/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 9 (667 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You are brilliant! Thank you so much, i just spent over an hour stressing i had lost all my games. This worked a treat. 

Message 7 of 9 (649 Views)

★ Novice

hi sorry this is so late! so my saves folder is in documents, when i click on it there is a folder within labelled scratch and then inside of that is a folder labelled scratch_8258 with nothing inside of it

Message 8 of 9 (516 Views)

@LilyBea1 

Please could you click on your saves folder once to select it then go to File > Get Info. Under the General > Where section near the top of the info window please copy and paste the location of your saves folder here.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 9 (499 Views)