Re: MACBOOK AIR TRACKPAD ISSUES

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

MACBOOK AIR TRACKPAD ISSUES

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Game is up to date
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Cats & Dogs, Get To Work, Get Famous, Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Vintage Glamour, Luxury Party, Romantic Garden, Perfect Patio, Strangerville, Laundry Day, Parenthood, Spa Day, Movie Hangout, Outdoor Retreat, Holiday Celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the game, use build mode
What happens when the bug occurs? When in build mode, the camera will rotate but not zoom. When the game is closed and opened again, the camera will zoom but not rotate. The trackpad also requires several clicks on something before it is selected. I have checked my trackpad settings and this does not occur outside the game.
What do you expect to see? To be able to use the camera to zoom and rotate in build mode, to only need to click on something(like a menu option) once.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Whenever I use build mode, the camera will rotate but not zoom. After removing all my CC and repairing the game, the issue switched - the camera will zoom but not rotate. The trackpad also seems to be less sensitive. When trying to select something, such as trying to click on something from the menu, I have to click several times. I checked my trackpad settings, and it also does not occur outside the game. I've removed all my CC, made sure my game is up to date, and have repaired the game. I also removed all the game files and "reset" the game, and the issue is still there. I am using a 2015 Macbook Air. 

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 4 (450 Views)

Hero
@irenemoriarty7 Moving this to the mac forum so someone can assist you.

Though the track pad issue was solved.

This was the old thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/FIXED-Zoom-and-rotate-Trackpad-controls-not-working-s...

You might want to repair your game through Origin and make sure you're game is really uptodate.

You find the version number at the bottom of the screen: It should be 1.54.120

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (439 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My game is up to date, and I have repaired the game multiple times. It's also obviously not been fixed considering it's still happening. 

Message 3 of 4 (421 Views)

@irenemoriarty7 

Could you please open your game to the main menu and check the complete version number.

Please can you also provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (402 Views)