Re: [MAC] The Sims 4 on Origin downloads but doesn't install :-(

by fons_garmo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MAC] The Sims 4 on Origin downloads but doesn't install :-(

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I got the Sims 4 for Christmas. I am running Mac OS X 10.6.8 and no, I don't want to upgrade. Unfortunately, I have already entered the game code into the website, so I don't think I can sell or regift the game to someone else.

I have downloaded the game twice, taking about an hour and a half each time. An option to ''install'' comes up, and I click it, but nothing happens. I have tried clicking it several times.

Before I even noticed the install button, I looked for the Sims 4 in my applications, and searched for it through my computer, and nothing is there. I have gone through all the menus on origin to see if I could set myself as the administrator of the program/computer etc and no option came up, as suggested online. I have tried reclicking on the game and on the icon on my computers sidebar, but no play option comes up.

I don't know what to do. I really want to play, I feel bad for wasting my parents money :-( I have wanted for game for a while now.

Message 1 of 2 (399 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Hi @xstephnz,

You need to upgrade to, at least, OS X 10.7.5 in order to play The Sims 4.

Here you have system requirements for playing The Sims 4 on Mac:

REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.

MINIMUM SPECIFICATION

---------

PROCESSOR: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz Processor or better

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 320M, 9600M, 9400M,ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM of 256MB or better.

MEMORY: 4GB RAM

HARD DRIVE: 10 GB of Hard Drive space

INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (529 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Hi @xstephnz,

You need to upgrade to, at least, OS X 10.7.5 in order to play The Sims 4.

Here you have system requirements for playing The Sims 4 on Mac:

REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.

MINIMUM SPECIFICATION

---------

PROCESSOR: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz Processor or better

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 320M, 9600M, 9400M,ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM of 256MB or better.

MEMORY: 4GB RAM

HARD DRIVE: 10 GB of Hard Drive space

INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 2 (530 Views)