[MAC] The Sims 4 on Origin downloads but doesn't install :-(

by xstephnz

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[MAC] The Sims 4 on Origin downloads but doesn't install :-(

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

I got the Sims 4 for Christmas. I am running Mac OS X 10.6.8 and no, I don't want to upgrade. Unfortunately, I have already entered the game code into the website, so I don't think I can sell or regift the game to someone else.

I have downloaded the game twice, taking about an hour and a half each time. An option to ''install'' comes up, and I click it, but nothing happens. I have tried clicking it several times.

Before I even noticed the install button, I looked for the Sims 4 in my applications, and searched for it through my computer, and nothing is there. I have gone through all the menus on origin to see if I could set myself as the administrator of the program/computer etc and no option came up, as suggested online. I have tried reclicking on the game and on the icon on my computers sidebar, but no play option comes up.

I don't know what to do. I really want to play, I feel bad for wasting my parents money :-( I have wanted for game for a while now.

Message 1 of 2 (207 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [MAC] The Sims 4 on Origin downloads but doesn't install :-(

Hi @xstephnz,

You need to upgrade to, at least, OS X 10.7.5 in order to play The Sims 4.

Here you have system requirements for playing The Sims 4 on Mac:

REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.

MINIMUM SPECIFICATION

---------

PROCESSOR: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz Processor or better

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 320M, 9600M, 9400M,ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM of 256MB or better.

MEMORY: 4GB RAM

HARD DRIVE: 10 GB of Hard Drive space

INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (337 Views)

All Replies

Re: [MAC] The Sims 4 on Origin downloads but doesn't install :-(

Hi @xstephnz,

You need to upgrade to, at least, OS X 10.7.5 in order to play The Sims 4.

Here you have system requirements for playing The Sims 4 on Mac:

REQUIRED: Internet connection required for product activation.

MINIMUM SPECIFICATION

---------

PROCESSOR: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz Processor or better

VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce 320M, 9600M, 9400M,ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM of 256MB or better.

MEMORY: 4GB RAM

HARD DRIVE: 10 GB of Hard Drive space

INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 2 of 2 (338 Views)
sims-four-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help