Sims 4 won't quit

by 937F-DLQ2-YHE8-R

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 won't quit

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Sooo I frequently play the sims 4 on my Mac, and it works great. Yesterday, however, after I had done a LOT of things to my towns and families, and I tried to quit the game, it won't let me. It's like I can't click anything on the screen, but the keyboard functions are fine, such as escape. When it asks if I want to save the game, I can't click "yes" or "no", and I'm really concerned. Is it a problem with my computer, or my game? Even when I try to turn the computer completely off, it still refuses to quit. Any suggestions, or is this unfixable?!?!

Edit - removed Mac tag from title, not necessary in the Mac forum, Bluebellflora

Message 1 of 22 (33,748 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Mac won't quit

Champion

Make sure you are updated to the latest version of the Mac OS. It just updated a few days ago.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 7 of 22 (39,187 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem and i was moving my families around a lot to and moving people and then when i went to save it all it just wouldn't let me do anything. except the keys. And when i tried to ferocity on the desktop in the game it would ask me if i wanted to save but it would let me click.

Message 2 of 22 (33,446 Views)

Champion

You should be able to Force Quit the game either by clicking on the Apple logo in left hand corner of your screen or by using Option + Command + ESC. Granted this may not save your game, but you should be able to check your saved games by checking the time and date they were last saved. 

My advice would be once you force quit out of the game, to shut down and reboot your computer. You may also have to purge memory while playing to insure you have enough RAM to play the game.

Message 3 of 22 (33,437 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been having the same problem and my game refuses to quit in the dock. Also when I tried saving once, it wait it was paused but time kept continuing and after a few days (irl), saving still hasn't stopped.

Message 4 of 22 (33,387 Views)

Champion

What kind of Macs do you have and what OS are you running?

Message 5 of 22 (33,377 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The same thing has happen to me I've tried everything. The only thing I haven't tried yet is letting my computer die. So maybe you should try that.
Message 6 of 22 (33,257 Views)

Champion

Make sure you are updated to the latest version of the Mac OS. It just updated a few days ago.

Message 7 of 22 (39,188 Views)

★★★ Newbie

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

Message 8 of 22 (30,552 Views)

Re: [MAC] Sims 4 won't quit

★★★ Newbie

My Sims 4 suddenly stopped, and the loading sign (colorful circle) just appeared. It has been like this for 5 hours and I can't exit Sims from the inside. I can't exit Origin either because the Sims 4 game is open. How do I force it out? Or what should  I do? Helpppp

XOXO appreciate help

-Amanda Sterling

Please helpppp

Message 9 of 22 (30,151 Views)

Re: [MAC] Sims 4 won't quit

@Jcarvajalg

This appears to be a common issue since the last patch. Please can you post in this thread with the details asked for - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/INFO-REQUEST-Sims-4-not-closing-properly-Force-Quit-doesn-t-wo...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 10 of 22 (30,126 Views)