Re: Sims 4 won't launch

by srosique

Original Post

[MAC] Sims 4 won't launch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have been trying for about three days now to get my sims 4 to work but it still isn't. It doesn't even try to open. Now a new sims 4 icon has appeared in my dock but it won't open or close. Neither of the icons work, when I click them nothing opens, not even an error message. What is the Problem???

Message 1 of 11 (3,025 Views)

Hero

are you on a mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 11 (3,008 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes I am

Message 3 of 11 (2,998 Views)

Hero

Forwarding to our mac helper then Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 11 (2,983 Views)

Champion

Do you play with any CC or mods?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 11 (2,976 Views)

★★ Novice

The same thing is happening to me and I'm on a mac, i had EA call me and they walked me through a half hour of steps which resulted in them telling me to make a new admin account and play it on there. They said it was something on my normal account restricting my computer from playing the game but they weren't to blame for it not working

Message 6 of 11 (2,972 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

As I asked the OP, do you play with CC or mods? It could be bad CC or an outdated Mod that is not allowing the game to start.

Message 7 of 11 (2,954 Views)

★★★ Newbie

how did you make it work?

Message 8 of 11 (2,773 Views)

Champion

First of all what kind of Mac are you playing on and what version of the OS are you running?

Message 9 of 11 (2,763 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm on OS X El Capitan Version: 10.11.3 (15D21)

I updated my OS and game and Origin. Now Sims 4 won't open. The "PLAY"-button is faded.

Message 10 of 11 (2,671 Views)