[MAC] Sims 4 graphic problem, looks pixelated on fullscreen

by Huismusch

Original Post

[MAC] Sims 4 graphic problem, looks pixelated on fullscreen

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi everyone! I just discovered something strange. When I'm playing TS4 on full screen, it gets kind of... Blurry, TS1 style-ish. It gets pixelated and isn't smooth. When I turn off full screen mode, and just have it in a large window, it all of the sudden looks smooth again. I provided two screenshots. I just found out about this today, because I always play on full screen, and thought the pixelated look just had something to do with my old laptop. I have an early 2011 Macbook Pro but with a 2 GHz Intel Core i7 processor and 4 gigabytes of RAM and SSD storage. It's 15 inch (1440 x 900) and I'm running TS4 on 1440 x 900... But it doesn't look as smooth on full screen as it does a little smaller.

Message 1 of 3 (2,350 Views)

Re: Sims 4 graphic problem, looks pixelated on fullscreen

★ Apprentice

Differences, you can zoom in to check. Upper one is pixelated, full screen, bottom one is smooth when I'm just playing TS4 windowed.

Message 2 of 3 (2,345 Views)

Re: Sims 4 graphic problem, looks pixelated on fullscreen

[ Edited ]

@Huismusch

I honestly can't see any difference between the two.

Is your Mac's graphics card the AMD Radeon HD 6490M with 256Mb VRAM? If so have you tried enabling Laptop mode in the graphics options settings in game?

Edit - oh yes, if I zoom in loads I can see the pixels but you don't play the game zoomed in that much do you?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (2,335 Views)