Re: (MAC) Sims 4 crashes randomly

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

(MAC) Sims 4 crashes randomly

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi 

I experience some weird issue on my game. I start the Sims 4, load my house/sim, with no lag at all. I can play a little while without even a lag, and then, randomly (It can be 5 minute of game, or less, or 4 hours later), an error message appears on my screen saying that "vmmap needs to take control of another process for debugging to continue. Enter your password".

So when I enter it, my game whether crashes, or stay on my screen, continuing to play (the water is moving normally, so are the trees or whatever object has an action, but my Sim is kinda stuck and stops her activity). And so I have to make it crash by myself, by turning my computer off manually.

Or when I cancel and refuse to enter my password, another message of error comes right away "Developer Tools Access needs to take control of another process for debugging to continue. Enter your password."
And it's always the same. It is supposed to "debugg" but instead it makes my game crashing for no reason, considering that my mac is not doing any effort and is not hot/warm (you know what I mean, I don't know how to say it in English, sorry).

Plus, I don't run anything else than Sims 4 to avoid bugging. I also tried running it without internet. Same.

Also my mac specs are not that bad, and I think I have enough memory RAM...

Here are my specs:

MacBook 13" (End 2009)

Processor: 2,26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory: 6 Go 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 Mo

I've heard of some patches made by EA Games, but I've never found them.
Does someone have had the same issue and find a solution please ? Thank you <3

Message 1 of 6 (1,010 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@munaminus

Yes, your Mac is compatible but could you please confirm what version of OS X you are using? Upgrading to 8Gb RAM will definitely help.

Your crashing could be down to a lot of different reasons but without you being more specific about when it is happening it is difficult to work out why. Do you play large households? How big are your save files? Do you use CC/Mods? Is there a specific time it crashes? What are you doing when it crashes? Have you filled every available lot with a large house/community lot? What else are you running on your Mac? 

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (908 Views)

All Replies

@Olivia84G

RAM should always be installed in pairs so you should either have 2x 2Gb chips or 2x 4Gb chips for proper stability. I'm guessing you have only upgraded one chip from 2Gb to 4Gb?

Unfortunately your graphics card - NVIDIA 9400M 256Mb - is not supported. Minimum system requirements state the NVIDIA 9600M or better. Your processor is also not supported, it should be 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo or better.

The minimum requirements are - 

• Minimum OS – Mac OS X Lion (10.7.5)
    • CPU – Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz or better
    • RAM – At least 4Gb RAM
    • Hard Drive – At least 10Gb of free space with at least 1Gb additional space for custom content
    • Video – NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM (VRAM) of 256 MB or better
    • Input – Keyboard and Mouse
    • Online Requirements: Internet Connection required for product activation

Sorry Frown

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 6 (977 Views)

★★ Novice

I used MacBook Pro (15-inch, Mid 2012)

Processor : 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory : 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel HS Graphics 4000 1536 MB

does my  specs supported?

Thank you.

Message 3 of 6 (881 Views)

[ Edited ]

@munaminus

Yes, your Mac is compatible but could you please confirm what version of OS X you are using? Upgrading to 8Gb RAM will definitely help.

Your crashing could be down to a lot of different reasons but without you being more specific about when it is happening it is difficult to work out why. Do you play large households? How big are your save files? Do you use CC/Mods? Is there a specific time it crashes? What are you doing when it crashes? Have you filled every available lot with a large house/community lot? What else are you running on your Mac? 

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 6 (909 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Now, I'm using OS X EI Capitan. I just upgraded my RAM to 8GB and it's definitely work, THANKS! My sims crashed immediately when I start to play my household. My household has only one or two person and I don't use any mod and I didn't run anything when I play the game , so I think that point doesn't matter at all, but my Macbook still get very high temperature like 88-97C, is it normal? I went to iStudio and the staffs said I should change my harddisk soon, because it's starting to broken since I've used it for almost 4 years.

However, thanks again for you advice, that's really help!

Message 5 of 6 (847 Views)

@munaminus

Temperatures are fine, just make sure your Mac is elevated so air can circulate underneath.

Is your hard drive showing signs of wear and tear? If it's a traditional spinning hard drive sometimes a clicking sound can indicate it is starting to fail. I wouldn't worry and would only get it replaced when it eventually does fail or you want to install a faster SSD drive. Just make sure you do regular backups Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 6 (838 Views)