[MAC] Sims 3 Generations Installation problem.

by Jordynn4633

Original Post

[MAC] Sims 3 Generations Installation problem.

★★★ Novice

I have had Sims 3 games installed on my computer for a while. I do not use origin simply because I lost my serial numbers. But I have all the disks. So I just use my disk drive to install my games. 

Recently I decided to install Sims 3 Generations which is the earliest EP that I have. And I put it in the disk drive the installation page popped up fine. But it got to the legit installing part and it went 

to about 59 seconds and then it stopped. And it would freeze. Yes, I have uninstalled every other EP and Stuff Pack I have had installed, including the base game. And then just reinstalled the base game, and tried to install Sims 3 Generations. Nothing seems to be working. I'm updating my mac to OS X El Capitan, but lord knows if that will do any good. Lol. 

And suggestions on what's going on here? I have found no one with the same problem as I. Lol.

Message 1 of 11 (535 Views)

Re: [MAC] Sims 3 Generations Installation problem.

Hero (Retired)

@Jordynn4633

moved to the Mac forums

@fons_garmo  please and thank you in advance

Message 2 of 11 (521 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi @Jordynn4633,

If you update your Mac to OS X El Capitan, you won't be able to use the discs to play anymore, you should register your games in Origin and install them from there in orde to play. Check this thread for further info: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Disc-Authorisation-No-Disc-Errors/m-p...

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 3 of 11 (516 Views)

★★★ Novice

@fons_garmo, my Mac is having trouble updating to Mac El Capitan. So I don't think thats the problem if I'm still on OS X. 

Message 4 of 11 (509 Views)

@Jordynn4633,

You said you were updating to OS X El Capitan so I thoughy you did it Standard smile

Can you try the disc on another Mac/PC? Seems like a disc failure to me.

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 5 of 11 (506 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah sorry about that... :d

I can try on my PC but I would prefer my Mac just because I use it more often.

Do you  know of anyways of how to solve disk error? @fons_garmo

Message 6 of 11 (502 Views)

@Jordynn4633,

If the disk is damaged, there's no way to fix it sadly Frown That's why it'd be a good idea to test the disc on another PC, just to check if the issue persists

Message 7 of 11 (499 Views)

★★★ Novice

@fons_garmo,

And if it doesn't work on the PC I should just get a new disk for the Sims 3 Generations and try again?

Message 8 of 11 (495 Views)

@Jordynn4633,

No, you can simply register your game's serial code in Origin and download the game from there Wink

Message 9 of 11 (492 Views)

★★★ Novice

@fons_garmo,

Sadly, I do not have my serial code anymore. I lost it after all these years. That's why I have been using a disk drive so I can install the Sims 3 Series off the CD.

Message 10 of 11 (486 Views)