[MAC] Mouse alignment out since installing update Sims 4

by cauato

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MAC] Mouse alignment out since installing update Sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I installed the latest update for Sims 4 on my mac last night....since then when I attempt to play the game my mouse pointer is aligned about an inch above where I need to point.  I have searched the forums and google for an answer to this problem without success.

Does anyone have any insight on how to fix this please

Message 1 of 5 (4,254 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [MAC] Mouse alignment out since installing update Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

I think I fixed mine! Although I tried it again and had to go through the steps again, so it may just be something I have to do every time before playing. So I think my issue started when I clicked play from Origin. Do you notice your screen shift suddenly and zoom in slightly when the game starts up? Mine does. So before playing, I went into Game Settings, Graphics. Then where it has the fullscreen/windowed screen options, I just clicked on windowed, then BACK to fullscreen, apply changes, and you should see a shift in your screen again, and the cursor should be better aligned. Hope this helps!

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (4,310 Views)

All Replies

@cauato

Which version of OS X are you running?

Is your Mac plugged into an external monitor/TV?

Have you checked the Mouse/Trackpad settings in System Preferences?

Do you have any 3rd party software on your Mac which affects Mouse/Trackpad/Keyboard settings?

Have you tried right clicking on the game in Origin and selecting Repair?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 5 (4,234 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Oh my goodness I thought I was the only one with this problem! Even the IT people with EA games have no clue! They tried to get me to reset my NVRAM, which I felt uncomfortable with, since my computer is only a week old (literally). Doing research I found that NVRAM issues affect the whole computer, not just one app, which is clearly not my problem. I just tried the right-clicking to repair the game. No luck. I will keep exploring possible fixes. Have you had any luck fixing it?

Message 3 of 5 (4,200 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think I fixed mine! Although I tried it again and had to go through the steps again, so it may just be something I have to do every time before playing. So I think my issue started when I clicked play from Origin. Do you notice your screen shift suddenly and zoom in slightly when the game starts up? Mine does. So before playing, I went into Game Settings, Graphics. Then where it has the fullscreen/windowed screen options, I just clicked on windowed, then BACK to fullscreen, apply changes, and you should see a shift in your screen again, and the cursor should be better aligned. Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 5 (4,311 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SupernovaTreble

There's nothing wrong with resetting the NVRAM and certainly nothing really unusual about doing it when your Mac is only a week old. Please bear in mind that it isn't always an app that may be causing the issue but something awry in the operating system. 

Great that you managed to solve the issue Standard smile You don't have to launch the game from Origin, just double click on the game in your Applications folder. Origin will open automatically then launch the game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 5 (4,190 Views)