Re: [MAC] Mouse Alignment Off

by SupernovaTreble

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MAC] Mouse Alignment Off

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just installed the Sims 4 onto my Mac and the mouse pointer is aligned about an inch above where I need to point. 

Message 1 of 3 (37,728 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

I had the exact issue. Even the EA Games help people gave me bs "solutions" that didn't help. I think I fixed mine! Although I tried it again and had to go through the steps again. So I think my issue started when I clicked play from Origin. Do you notice your screen shift suddenly and zoom in slightly when the game starts up? Mine does. So before playing, I went into Game Settings, Graphics. Then where it has the fullscreen/windowed screen options, I just clicked on windowed, then BACK to fullscreen, apply changes, and you should see a shift in your screen again, and the cursor should be better aligned. Hope this helps!

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (38,346 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I had the exact issue. Even the EA Games help people gave me bs "solutions" that didn't help. I think I fixed mine! Although I tried it again and had to go through the steps again. So I think my issue started when I clicked play from Origin. Do you notice your screen shift suddenly and zoom in slightly when the game starts up? Mine does. So before playing, I went into Game Settings, Graphics. Then where it has the fullscreen/windowed screen options, I just clicked on windowed, then BACK to fullscreen, apply changes, and you should see a shift in your screen again, and the cursor should be better aligned. Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 3 (38,347 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What worked for me was to change the resolution. The default resolution seems to be a non standard size, and when I changed it one setting higher, the mouse aligned properly. 

Message 3 of 3 (28,523 Views)