Re: [MAC] I bought the sims 4 on disc but it wont install?

by Snozzle7575

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MAC] I bought the sims 4 on disc but it wont install?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I bought the pc sims 4 disc. Then downloaded it for my mac through origin. Then when the download was complete i pressed the install button. It didn't do anything. I waited pressed it again. Nothing. I closed origin then started it back up and tried again. Nothing. I tried right clicking on the origin icon but no option for "Run as Admistrator" as the help advice said to do.

Message 1 of 7 (7,519 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Snozzle7575

That's OS X asking your permission to add a helper tool as part of the installation, it is a perfectly normal security request. You must have an administrator's account to install.

Read this thread - http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Permission-Required-Helper-Tool-Error-Mac/td-p/580692

There is a currently an issue with some Macs and installing Origin but the beta build linked to in the solution in that thread should work.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (7,015 Views)

All Replies

Champion

Try reinstalling Origin itself.

- Make sure you are in Finder then click Go in the menu bar. Hold down Alt and the hidden Library folder will show up. Click on the Library folder.

- You now need to check in the following folders for any Origin files and folders:

Application Support (Origin)

Caches (Origin, com.ea.Origin)

Preferences (com.ea.Origin.plist)

Saved Application state (com.ea.Origin.savedState)

Open a Finder window and click on your Macintosh HD in the left hand section under Devices (if it's not there click on Finder in the menu bar then Preferences. Select the Sidebar tab and make sure Hard Disks is ticked under Devices), open Library, then delete the Origin folder.

After you've trashed them, empty the trash then restart your Mac. Then redownload and reinstall Origin.

Also try repairing your permissions. You can find this:

Open Disk Utility and Repair Permissions - Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility

Also make sure you register the CD key before you install the game. Then download it and it should start.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 7 (7,504 Views)

i installed Sims 4 but it wont let me play?

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have the disc copy, and i have installed it, but when i go to press play its darker meaning i cant click on it.  and when i change the discs i download it agggggggain and again. Plz help

Message 3 of 7 (7,499 Views)

Re: i installed Sims 4 but it wont let me play?

The Play button in Origin is gray

Make sure your game is updated to the newest version (see above). If that is the case and the play button is still gray, try the following things

• Restart Origin
  • Right click on the Game in Origin and hit Repair Game
  • Delete your Origin Cache files
  • Log out and back in

Those are the tips for Windows, might work on Mac as well.
Source: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Installation-Updating-and-Startup-Issues/td-p/4276949

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 7 (7,496 Views)

Re: i installed Sims 4 but it wont let me play?

Champion

If you are playing on a Mac, the disc is made only for Windows users. You will either have to Bootcamp your Mac or use a program like Parallels to run in Windows OS. You will also need a copy of Windows.

However if you register the game with the code that came with the disc, you need to remove the disc from your disc drive. Then make sure you are running on your Mac side with the Mac OS. And then logged into Origin. You should be able to download the game from there and play.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 7 (7,492 Views)

★ Novice

the thing is though I did all of them things and it just says that I need permission to install itAngry

Message 6 of 7 (7,021 Views)

@Snozzle7575

That's OS X asking your permission to add a helper tool as part of the installation, it is a perfectly normal security request. You must have an administrator's account to install.

Read this thread - http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Permission-Required-Helper-Tool-Error-Mac/td-p/580692

There is a currently an issue with some Macs and installing Origin but the beta build linked to in the solution in that thread should work.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 7 of 7 (7,016 Views)