[MAC] HELP! SIMS 3 LAUNCHER FREEZES AND CAN'T INSTALL CUSTOM CONTENT

by tornadobeard22

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[MAC] HELP! SIMS 3 LAUNCHER FREEZES AND CAN'T INSTALL CUSTOM CONTENT

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Help!
I recently tried to install a downloaded world through my Sims 3 launcher. I have never had problems with downloads before, and so it was a shock to me when I clicked "install" and nothing happened. The plumbob screen opened like a normal download, but it quickly disappeared. I noticed that I had a second Sims 3 Application open in my dock, which is usually what happens when I download something, however when I right-clicked on it, it said "Application Not Responding". Being the impatient person that I am, I force quit the application and tried again. Frustrated after many attempts, I tried some solutions I found online like clearing the DCCache folder. I even went so far as doing a factory reset without reinstalling. I am very frustrated, as I was really excited to play in the new world that I downloaded. I tried other things that I have downloaded and they are also unable to be installed, so I am sure that it is not a particular download that is the cause of all my problems.

Thanks,

Tornadobeard22

@Bluebellflora  please and thank you in advance

Message 1 of 8 (1,428 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [MAC] HELP! SIMS 3 LAUNCHER FREEZES AND CAN'T INSTALL CUSTOM CONTENT

★★★★ Novice

I FOUND A SOLUTION!
and I am so happy!!!!

I tried removing my mods folder and installing, and for whatever reason it worked.

Thanks,

Tornadobeard22

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (1,424 Views)

All Replies

@tornadobeard22

What world are you trying to download and what Mac do you have?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 8 (1,413 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
I have a 2015 27 inch I-Mac, and I am trying to install a world called St.Claire. @Bluebellflora
Message 3 of 8 (1,409 Views)

@tornadobeard22

This one? http://awesims.sixty-ten.net/2012/04/30/st-claire-a-new-world-for-the-sims-3/

How big is the world file? The Launcher is so temperamental with big files and that looks relatively big. The game can only access up to 2Gb RAM, no matter how much you have installed in your Mac, and the Launcher uses 2Gb just to open so if it's then trying to install something big it's going to struggle.

You also have the added issue that your Mac's graphics card is not supported in the game which causes an abundance of additional problems.

You could try removing all installed content and installing that world first, followed by your other stuff bit by bit.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 8 (1,399 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, that is the world. It says it is 127 MB, but I have installed other worlds that are larger in the past. I have also tried installing things that are very small (like a pillow) and those did not work, as well as trying the method you just suggested. I've tried most methods and nothing seems to work- maybe I am rendered hopeless? @Bluebellflora

Message 5 of 8 (1,394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

thank you for all your help, by the way :-)

Message 6 of 8 (1,381 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I FOUND A SOLUTION!
and I am so happy!!!!

I tried removing my mods folder and installing, and for whatever reason it worked.

Thanks,

Tornadobeard22

Message 7 of 8 (1,425 Views)

@tornadobeard22

Sounds like a corrupt or incompatible Mod. Glad you got it sorted Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 8 (1,365 Views)