Original Post

Lots Not Available when sims try to go on date

★★★ Novice

Ive basically tried everything Im playing on MAC

Ive erased custom content,

I've bulldozed lots and placed them back

I've changed the name of the lots from residential to park etc

Ive reset factory settings

Im willing to erase my family that Ive been playing with and new characters Ive created to fix this problem....

when i click my sims to go on a date the lots are NOT AVAILABLE.... the odd part of it is they can travel there together they just cant go on dates to the places. I spent a lot of money like everyone else on the game as well as the packs and this is ridiculous SOMEONE if you are reading this CAN YOU PLEASE HELP.

Message 1 of 8 (4,983 Views)

Re: Lots Not Available when sims try to go on date

Champion (Retired)

Tagging @Bluebellflora since this is a Mac issue.

@LatiaLi Your posting will be moved to the Sims Mac forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 8 (4,964 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay thank you

Message 3 of 8 (4,959 Views)

@LatiaLi & @jpkarlsen moved to the Mac forums.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 8 (4,949 Views)

@LatiaLi  Just to confirm, you've tried playing with a completely new game folder, and the problem persists?  (If you haven't done so, pull your existing TS4 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  A clean folder will spawn the next time you launch the game; test a new save in this folder to see what happens.)

If this doesn't or didn't work, then try an Origin Repair Game—right-click on the TS4 icon in your Origin library to see the option.  If you can't repair the game, or you just want to be thorough, you can run the Origin reset tool for macs first.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Then try another clean folder to see if it makes a difference.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 8 (4,937 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’ll try this way... but I’m willing to just erase everything and start over 

Message 6 of 8 (4,918 Views)

★★★ Novice

At this point Ive tried all suggestions I think it has something to do with seasons because after I installed that game. That is when all the problems started to happen. is there anymore suggestions? Also I want to thank the community for responding so quick Im really grateful for that. But I think I'm going to give the sims up until they fix this problem or there is a better solution. And another question how do i get the mac forum board to see if anyone else had this issue? Thanks Again.

Message 7 of 8 (4,903 Views)

[ Edited ]

@LatiaLi  You're on the mac forum board now; you can see the list of recent threads by clicking on "The Sims Mac" just above the title of this thread.  I read every thread that gets posted here, though, and I haven't seen any mention of your particular issue since I started keeping up with this board in May.

The other step I'd recommend is a Super Repair, as described in the following post.  Even though it's usually recommended for more comprehensive issues than yours, it's worth trying.  Make sure you remove your existing TS4 game folder from Documents before doing this—you can leave it somewhere else, like your desktop, while troubleshooting.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/508...

If this doesn't help either, please post your mac's specs here, as described below, along with the packs you have installed.  Maybe someone else will have more suggestions.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/475...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 8 of 8 (4,897 Views)