Loading issues after November patch

by TuckerLeap

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Loading issues after November patch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

After the November patch for get famous and the patch on the 20th my cc swatches are fixed but my game is having loading issues. In cas the profile picture is fine until i make a change in the sims face then it gets stuck on the loading icon in the portrait. I went into my library as well and some of my saved households would not load and when I go into the game to play a household it will not load as well. I have updated all my mods I have and already checked my saves in my game folder. Please help. I am on a Mac.

Message 1 of 10 (652 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Loading issues after November patch

Champion

That sounds like the case. Afraid you'll have to manually cull your CC to find the bad piece as there is not a program designed to identify bad CC for the Mac OS.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 10 (556 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Tagging @Bluebellflora since this is a Mac issue.

@TuckerLeap Your posting will be moved to the Sims Mac forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 10 (639 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this problem on PC too

Message 3 of 10 (603 Views)

Hero

Hi @TuckerLeap

Moved this to mac but it could still be an cc/mods issue. Did you try without any cc/mods for testing ?

@crunchymillk Are you also on mac ? 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (588 Views)

Champion

@TuckerLeap, first of all make sure that your Origin In Game in turned off especially if you have updated your OS to Mojave. Next try moving your Sims 4 folder (Documents >Electronic Arts > Sims 4) to your Desktop and DO NOT DELETE IT! This is where your saved games are stored. Start the game up, allowing a new Sims 4 folder to generate and remember that none of your saved games, CC or Mods will be present in the game. Start a new game and play for about an hour to make sure there are no additional problems. 

If everything works without the CC or mods present, then it is probably a piece of CC or a particular mod that has caused the issue. Since the latest patches to the game, most Mods have to be updated to work with the new patches. You will need to check back with the creators of the Mods you use to insure that they are updated and will work with the 11/13/2018 patch. In regards to your CC, unfortunately there is no program to cull bad CC and you will have to manually do it yourself by add a few pieces back to your game (I recommend only 10 at a time), starting the game up and seeing if you have any problems with your game. If you do encounter errors, then it is easy to figure out that it is one of the new pieces you just recently added back. 

Please report back.

Message 5 of 10 (583 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you both for responding. It’s my mods and  cc but I also found I somehow had sims 3 things in my mods folder have no clue where they came from. All my mods are updated so my thinking is possibly a piece of cc but I have so much. I haven’t been able to test yet to see if it was the sims 3 files but I will today. Thank you.

Message 6 of 10 (574 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I fired up my game and my loading doesn’t start acting up until I put a custom skin or makeup on my sim so I think it might be one of my skins or make up that no longer work possibly?

Message 7 of 10 (565 Views)

Champion

That sounds like the case. Afraid you'll have to manually cull your CC to find the bad piece as there is not a program designed to identify bad CC for the Mac OS.

Message 8 of 10 (557 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah unfortunately thats what I am thinking as well. I have so much cc this will take me a while. Sucks when everything is working fine until a patch comes out and ruins it. Thanks for responding though.

Message 9 of 10 (552 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I found what broke my game finally, It was Stealthic's hairs which is really depressing since i love those hairs. 

Message 10 of 10 (504 Views)