Legacy to Standard Sims 4 mac

by addykimmy

Original Post

Legacy to Standard Sims 4 mac

★★★★★ Novice

I have the legacy version of TS4 and I want to go to standard edition. I have read the restrictions and requirements but I’m not a computer genius so I don’t really understand them. I currently run on a MacBook 2015 I have at least a 4ram I have no idea what my or what a bit is and I run on OS X El Capitan. So would that be enough to switch to standard edition?

Another thing that confused me if I were able to switch is how. I read the directions but I’m not entirely sure if renaming my The Sims 4 Legacy edition to Sims 4 will work? Since I run on legacy there are two folder The Sims 4 Legacy and Sims 4 and if I delete the legacy folder (which I had to do to create a new save) it creates a new one. So I’m not convincing that renaming the file will work. Help plz thanks!

Message 1 of 6 (647 Views)

Re: Legacy to Standard Sims 4 mac

@addykimmy 

Your Mac is not running the Legacy Edition because you have a Mac that supports Metal. Maybe this thread will help - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-Legacy-Edition-thread/m-p/8420037#M22694 Y... don't need to have it installed and even though you have, it is not running.

However, let's check your exact Mac before uninstalling the entire game and only installing the normal version of the game. Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 6 (602 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

I’m confused. So my Mac is or is not running legacy...? I’m pretty sure I’m running legacy right now because I have no access to gallery and all my saves go to the legacy folder not the saves folder. Also turns out I have a late 2008 MacBook? Idk here’s the overview:

edit: so I guess I can’t get standard Frown (?) 

Message 3 of 6 (568 Views)

@addykimmy

Always good to check the exact Mac Standard smile

Correct, you must run the Legacy Edition and cannot run the standard edition on that Mac.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 6 (549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

just a question Ik that gallery doesn’t work on legacy but if I download a lot/room/etc off a different website would it work or not?

edit: if so where would I place the file?

thanks

Message 5 of 6 (536 Views)

@addykimmy

No idea. It won't if it has content from packs not compatible with the Legacy Edition. The Tray folder has all your saved Library items. A lot is not just one file, it is several that are normally downloaded as a zip.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 6 (502 Views)