Re: Legacy Edition: Trackpad issues on Mac

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Legacy Edition: Trackpad issues on Mac

★★ Apprentice

Pretty frustrated right now. I had this issue last year where the trackpad wouldn't work properly. I'm on Legacy Edition now (late 2011 Macbook Pro) and it's been running absolutely fine until yesterday when I got a random patch update or something, and now I can't click and drag again. Does any other mac users have this issue with Legacy Edition?

Message 1 of 7 (475 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just to add that I've removed my whole mods folder and rebooted the laptop. Still the same issue. I thought they weren't updating Legacy?!

Message 2 of 7 (468 Views)

@crazybirdfluff

The game will still patch as that's applicable to the current version which you must have installed for Legacy to run, but the Legacy Edition does not receive any updates.

Could you reset the SMC of your Mac and see if that helps - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201295

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 7 (410 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Just tried an SMC reset; unfortunately it hasn't changed it at all Frown I've checked my other smaller households to see if it was just my current household as it was quite large, but still the same issue. 

Message 4 of 7 (382 Views)

@crazybirdfluff

And it's definitely not happening when you are doing anything else on your Mac, only when you load up Sims 4? Do you think it could be in-game lag causing a delay? Can you repair the game and see if that helps.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 7 (353 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So weird. I went into the game, it was still doing it. I could rotate fine, but not click and drag. I gave up on getting annoyed and just did a bit of roofing on my build. All of a sudden, it let me click and drag again. Random!! Hoping it's fixed itself (for no apparent reason?!) but we'll see! Thanks for your responses, I really appreciate it. Be well!

Message 6 of 7 (323 Views)

@crazybirdfluff

Fingers crossed! Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 7 (286 Views)