Re: Legacy Edition - Crashes almost immediately after loading save

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Legacy Edition - Crashes almost immediately after loading save

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I started experiencing crashes after July 30 (the most recent save I have). There were no changes to what packs I owned or what mods I had installed. Initially during this time, I experienced a constant 404 error with My Game Library/the Sims 4 page, so I could not attempt to update or repair my game. I did a deep clean (deleting all relevant system folders) to uninstall Origin, then restarted my computer, and reinstalled Origin. Game Library worked so I updated my game, then repaired it for good measure yet still experienced crashing.

Specs:

• macOS High Sierra, 10.13.6
  • MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011)
  • Processor: 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7
  • Memory: 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
  • Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MD
  • 750 GB SATA Disk, 256 GB available
  • Game Version: 1.65.70.1620 (Legacy Edition)

Crashing always happens:

• Both on old and new save files
  • With and without mods
  • With and without EPs/GPs/SPs
  • After loading into a save and:
    • trying to play a household
    • going straight into build mode

Crashing sometimes happens:

• When clicking on a residence with a household when first loading into a save

I have tried:

• Clearing my caches/deleting localthumbnailcache
  • Removing all mods
  • Creating a new save file
  • Updating & repairing my game through the Origin Client
  • Deleting all of my Origin files (including pack files) and reinstalling them
  • Disabling all EPs/GPs/SPs

I'm having trouble attaching my lastCrash files, so here is a pastebin. If any additional information is needed, please let me know.

Any help is appreciated. I just want to get back to building houses ):

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (569 Views)

@fithlinpls

Could you set up a new user account on your Mac and see if you can load a new, clean game in that account?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (520 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I tried playing on a new user account and got it to work, so I tried testing a few more things.

Using my normal user account, I went to my legacy edition folder and deleted all the files (Config, UserSetting, Options, etc) except for my saves and tray folder. After some trial and error (the crashing came back), I realized the issue was with the Options file. I had tried to turn off Laptop Mode to combat the blonde streaks in some CC hairs and that seemed to be the main culprit. In order to get it working again, I have to delete the Options file and not just try to turn Laptop Mode back on otherwise it won't work.

I've been play-testing for a few days and I still occasionally get crashing upon launch even with Laptop Mode on and no settings changes in between sessions, but deleting the Options file again seems to help. I'm not sure if that really counts as a solution since the crashing can still happen, but it's at least a good enough fix to keep the game playable for now.

Message 3 of 4 (428 Views)

@fithlinpls 

Trashing the Options.ini file forces the game to launch the default settings it thinks are best for your Mac. Which Mac do you have? Could you provide all the info asked for here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (414 Views)