Re: Legacy Crashing After Origin Reinstall

by sadiemack07

Original Post

Legacy Crashing After Origin Reinstall

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've run in to problems with running Sims for the first time ever (I've been playing on a MAC since Sims 1).

I recently had to uninstall and reinstall the Origin app because it was causing a lot of issues when my comp would startup. After that, I was able to edit houses, play in existing families but when I tried to use CAS my game would game would crash. In the crash report I noticed a specfic mod was repeatedly trying to be accessed to I remove it. The CAS issue persisted so I removed my mods folder and the issue persisted. I uninstalled Sims 4 and reinstalled legacy, but now I'm noticing the original Sims 4 game isn't showing up in my EA folder, just the legacy version which crashes in CAS (I removed my saved families before uninstalling and did not put the files back).

My system us up to date and I'm not sure what could be causing the issue now. My comps stats are:

• iMac (27-inch, Mid 2010)
  • 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5
  • 20 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
  • ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB
  • OS 10.13.6 High Sierra

Anyone have a similar experience or know what the problem might be?

Thanks for any help you might have!

SM

Message 1 of 5 (364 Views)

@sadiemack07

When you remove the Mods folder you also need to trash the localthumbcache.package file too.

Can you move the whole Sims 4 Legacy Edition folder to the desktop and see if you can launch a new clean game with none of your saves and other data loaded.

The Legacy Edition requires the current version of the game to be installed, they don't normally show up separately as the LE is treated as additional content to the base game in Origin.

Which version of macOS are you running?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 5 (344 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I will give it a try! I had removed the localthumbcache as well but will try it again. I'm running 10.13.6 high sierra (amended my original post to include it too).
Message 3 of 5 (335 Views)

★★ Novice

It worked! There's a new Sims 4 Legacy folder in my EA folder, but still no Sims 4 folder. Will that affect my game play?

Also can I delete the legacy folder I moved to my desk top?

And can I put my mods back?

Sorry I have so many questions, never had to fix my game before!

Thanks for your help

SM

Message 4 of 5 (332 Views)

@sadiemack07

Great! Your game is saving to the Sims 4 Legacy Edition folder because you are running the Legacy Edition. This post will help you with moving your old data back https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 5 (328 Views)