Latest update

by champion_hustler

Original Post

Latest update

★★★★★ Apprentice

Anyone know what, if anything was fixed in the latest update/patch yet? I just opened origin and a whole bunch of updates rolled out through sims 3 but cant find any release notes.

Message 1 of 5 (228 Views)

Re: Latest update

★★★★★ Apprentice

I got the game running. Terrain, open water, collecting issues all remain but my game crashed after a few minutes when i can usually play for at least a few hours. Ah well

Message 2 of 5 (223 Views)

@champion_hustler  The patch only fixed a couple issues, as you can see here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/TS3-for-macOS-64-bit-Nov-9-2020-release-notes/m-p/971...

For the crashing, try playing in a clean Sims 3 folder.  Move the entire folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, and when you open the launcher, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to it yet; just see how a new save runs.  Let me know whether you get any more crashes.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 5 (215 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict No, this was today. I played yesterday but all my sims 3 games/expansions updated within origin this morning for some reason
Message 4 of 5 (212 Views)

@champion_hustler  Strange, I launched the game a couple hours ago, after a few days of not running it, and didn't get any Sims 3 updates.  (Origin did update though.)  I also haven't heard anything about an update from anywhere else, and the people who would push it out tend not to work on Saturdays, even when it's not two days after Thanksgiving.

I've seen reports of Origin constantly repairing other games, which is the only similar issue I can think of.  But a repair wouldn't hurt: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, please try the clean folder test, as I described earlier.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (198 Views)